Day 9

Last night I plan to go to sleep real early, but then Christina comes into my room and we have a deep talk about surrendering and transforming. then Diana comes in and then we are cracking up and having girl talk.
end up falling asleep while we are talking around 2am -.-

wake up at 6 and help with breakfast. my job is basically to wash these giant aluminum pans in the sink. and then after struggling. come up with the genius idea to wash it in the bathtub. mmm there's a first time for everything.

we go to Angelus temple in Echo Park. Walk in and we are handed these American Flags and the whole sanctuary is decked out in patriotic colors, even the praise team guitarist is wearing an flag color shirt. what the...wow...this church is really patriotic.

aha...and then the Pastor Matthew makes an announcement about fourth of July weekend. oh yeahh....
He gives us GLDI students a shout out and says we came here all the way from Asia. look they are even waving the American Flags. ahahahaha so stereotyping. it's like uhh.....I was born and raised in Maryland.

I really respect Pastor Matthew Barnett though, he's the one who founded the dream center. He preaches about how we twisted the American Dream into money, fame, etc. when really the founding principles of the American Dream was the freedom to worship God. time to make that commitment and be faithful to Him.
we're going to take back this nation. mwahahahaha >:)

They have like this special fourth of July concert. it's crazy. we're bouncing around beach balls, rapping over California Love, and then there are fireworks. yeah inside the church. fireworks. wow...

beach balls. before they hit me



Get back to campus. take a glorious 30min nap. do my devo and then time for afternoon session.

Before I came here, my dad told me to pick weeds in my front yard. and I was like what's the point of this, it'll just grow back. but I obeyed. and then when I got here I remember someone talking about how God pulls out the weeds in us.

I guess I was kinda prideful, cause I was like what weeds do I need to pull out?
But as I'm struggling to stay awake during Ms. Rhee's presentation on Haiti, I realize I have alot.
these are my weeds: laziness, pride, fear, doubt, lack of motivation, apathy, selfishness.
She's so passionate about helping others, and she has done so much around the world. yet I feel as though I can't do anything to help others, especially in other countries, and even worse I really don't care.

I pray the dangerous prayer today. LORD change my heart and pull out my weeds. It's probably going to hurt, I might experience situations that will leave me desperate.

but I know it'll be worth it.  

goodnight.


Comments