Day 8

Saturday June 30th 2012

It's the weekend so no morning exercise! yay :)
the rule here is that if anyone in your family group is late 3 or more times to lecture or service your whole group has to do Sat morning exercise as punishment. our group got 2 o.O (I was the second person hehe...)
but that was a close one. whew...

some of the girls in my fam went to do the morning exercise anyways. WHY?! I don't understand.
the mystery of human beings.

We went to the Dream Center in L.A. today to serve in the communities in the area. We went to Compton today. mmm so hood. I didn't know what to expect, but I sort of had an idea. Perhaps we would meet some interesting people, get to pray for them etc, clean up trash, play with kids?

We ended up getting lost for maybe more than an hour? Angela (one of the GLDI staff) was our driver. and let me tell you. wow. I thought I was a crazy asian driver. but this woman is on a whole new level. I think a legion of angels were working so hard just to keep us safe and alive. we literally almost got into like 5 accidents. the grace of God.

We got to the site. Prayed over the interns there and then drove back. What? that's it?
but I like what one of the interns said. everything has meaning. even something that seems so little as impacting just one life. we don't know how God will use that.

Time for lunch now. Everyone has been obsessing over this burger place In and Out. and I've been wanting to try it too. Except we have this tour of the Dream Center instead. wow this place and the history of how it came to be are truly amazing. you can read about it here http://www.dreamcenter.org/about-us/

It's incredible how God gives people a seemingly impossible vision. it starts off so small and then multiplies into this amazing thing.

Dream Center

view of L.A from the roof



On the way back (almost died again in the car) we stop by In and Out, but there are so many cars we can't get in. awww so close I can almost taste it.

instead we go to McDonalds. the car next to us has this so cute pug! I love pugs. so ugly but so cute awww! I'm petting the pug. so happy. and then he sneezes in my face! splatters his snot and spit all over my face.
oh beautiful.....

find out that this McDonalds happens to be the oldest operating McDonalds ever!! so historical.

oldest operating McDonalds (no drive through or dining area)

tiny fries


Get back and hear Mimi Song speak during the lecture. mwahaha she is sucha a powerful scary grandma. I love those. I wanna be a really awesome grandma one day. but basically she discussed with heavenly wisdom the state of our world and how as global leader we need to be very strategic. we have a spiritual battle to fight and a physical one as well.

The speakers are all fantastic. but since I'm only running on 5 hours of sleep a night (compared to my normal 8-9hours) it's so hard for me to stay awake. I hear that putting Burt's Bees under your eyes will keep you awake. but I don't have any on me :( so instead I lick an altoid and rub it under my eyes. ai...don't know if it actually works or my face is just sticky and minty now

At the end of lecture I'm so excited to go back to my room and pass out. one of the staff, Jannet, makes the announcement for a family group to help make breakfast tomorrow (which means we gotta wake up earlier) and I am like oh please nobody from my group volunteer. and ofcourse....someone from my group volunteers!! nooooo

but deep inside I'm glad because I truly need to work on having a servant heart and being a selfless person.

I shall lay down my life for you guys my brother and sisters here at GLDI.
Time to get some sleep, so I can wake up 30min earlier tomorrow.

Goodnight.

Comments