Father's Love

My dad is an engineer. He makes well over 100K a year, but you would never know by looking at him. He drives old, used cars and wears shoes with holes in them. Where does all his money go?

On his three precious daughters.

My family helped me move in yesterday and I forgot a few things. My dad went out and bought me a $170 worth of groceries and then I asked him if he could bring me my pillow, keyboard, and GRE book from the house tomorrow on his way to work.

Last night Esther Cho was asking me about prayer. Why do we need to ask God for things? Shouldn't He already know what we want and need?

I said a bunch of things, but the answered that satisfied her was: God knows what we want but He allows us to ask so that He can answer. so that we would be thankful and our faith in Him increased.

Yesterday I asked my dad for a pillow, my keyboard, and GRE book. and today he brought this.
my pillow, keyboard, GRE book, 2 floor lamps, light bulbs, a toaster, knifes, containers, towels, BBQ sauce, soy sauce, spatula, coffee, Brita filter, printer paper, my sketchbook...

I asked him for three things. and he gave me so much more. and the crazy thing is, the things he brought were exactly the things I needed even though I didn't ask for them. yesterday while my family was helping me unpack. I was like oh noo my chicken needs BBQ sauce. and he heard that and remembered!

 “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone?  Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!"

The passage above from Matthew 7 in the bible brings me so much hope and joy! because if my dad gives like this. how much more will God give!! I can't even imagine, but I know alot of good things are in store for me!! so excited. mwhaahahahahaahahaha

some people may think that giving too much spoils children. but it's not about the amount that's given, but the attitude of that child. I think God wants to pour out His blessing on us, but at times He doesn't because He knows that it may ruin some of us. He wants His children to have character and be grateful.

but if you give thanks for everything. then He can give us more ^_____^

there were times when my parents did not seem like the best. times when they hurt me and were frustrating. but it was during those times I thanked God for them. when I believed that because God is good and He knows what He's doing, He has given me the BEST parents.

and God is super faithful. I think He saw my heart during those times and my faith in His goodness. He heard my prayers and those who have prayed for me (thank you!!!) and He opened the heavens over my life.

cause today my mom is also taking me shopping ^____^

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets."

but I know this too. I am blessed to be a blessing onto others. that's why God can bless me. I prayed that I would do onto others what He has done for me. that I would sacrifice for others with joy.

God is good. don't ever complain, but thank Him every single day.
I'm sure if His people had asked Him nicely and were patient,
they would have enjoyed a land flowing with milk and honey.

Comments

  1. Wow. Rebekah. I was really blessed by this post. This is a deep post. I had one of the same questions as your friend for a long time, "why do we pray and ask God for things if He knows better than us what our needs are and what we should ask for?" I knew we needed to pray and all that but after reading your post, I have a better understanding.

    "I said a bunch of things, but the answered that satisfied her was: God knows what we want but He allows us to ask so that He can answer. so that we would be thankful and our faith in Him increased." It was like "bam!" conviction. haha. It's so good that you can be so thankful.

    I LOVE You! Continue to Grow in Him. I am so thankful for a sister like you who is faithful to God and able to be joyful in Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rebekah. I love this post. I'm so blessed by the wisdom God pours onto you. Thanks for this beautiful blog! <3
    :) :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww thanks guys ^___^ love my GLDI sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chanced upon this post (albeit many years after you wrote it) and I'm encouraged! Keep writing and shining His light!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment