Day 36

Saturday July 28, 2012

Rise and Shine. no sleeping in this Sat because we are going to our service projects.
location: Skid Row, L.A. (contains the largest homeless population)

our team has to paint the walls inside this building. I didn't want to get paint on my clothes, so I came up with the genius idea of wearing a garbage bag.

but since no one else was wearing one...I kinda stuck out.  people were taking pictures with me like I was some sort of thing in a costume -.- and even worse they thought that they could paint on my garbage bag!

me (in my fashionable trash bag) and Nara


not cool man...but nonetheless it was a good idea because the bag saved my clothes many times. I know myself and how I am with paint. very dangerous.

Afterwards we went to literally the best green tea bingsoo place ever. I was sooooooooo happpyyyy.



and then when we came back there was a surprise for dinner.

so....I mentioned before that the key to my heart is food. and God has been showing His love for me with food here. I kid you not. for example. I wanted green tea bingsoo, and I ate the best one. wanted hamburgers and got one fresh off the grill (what are the chances that a school cafeteria would have an outdoor grill) and this time while we were watching the fish market video during lecture, I really really reallllyyyy wanted salmon rolls.

well it just so happens that one of the student's parents here owns a sushi restaurant. and they brought boxes and boxes of salmon rolls today for dinner.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! ^_______^ GOD IS SOOOOO GOOOOOOD!!!!

so many boxes of sushi!


after our feast. we presented our Nation Building projects. everyone did really well. especially since I didn't have to present. and my Mango Land idea was received quite well. it would be crazy one day if Mango Land would actually be built in Haiti....with God all things are possible.

after the Nation Building presentations. I try to get everyone to watch the movie Father of Lights. to be honest it's really out of my character to even try to organize something like this. first the dvd was sent to my house and so I had to ask my dad to ship it here. then I had to ask Cathy if we could watch it in the lecture room. and then I had to make an announcement about it. (aha it's not that much work but usually I wouldn't go out of the way for something like this)

but I really wanted people to watch it because I know that this movie would reveal something about the character of God. alot of times we have such a distorted view of the character of God. but I want people to know that He is good and I want us all to trust Him. not just with our minds but with our hearts.

at first I was kind of discouraged because in the beginning it was just me and Grace Han watching it. but I trusted God. He wouldn't have inspired me to go through all that otherwise. And so about 15min into the movie more and more people started coming in. in total there were probably around 12 people. but still I'm glad that 12 people were really touched by it.

after the movie was over. it was sooooooo good btw. especially the ending. Diana led us into prayer. and the prayer time was really powerful.

mehehehe I knew I could trust God. but I have even greater expectations. because I'm hoping that the rest of the students here and even the staff would watch it before we leave. and that truly we would be able to see that we are the children of a great and mighty God.

goodnight.

Comments