Day 25

Last night I read that famous and familiar Proverbs 6:9 "How long will you lie there, you sluggard? When will you get up from your sleep?"

I remember the last time I read that, I was waking up in the double digits hours. and now it's the single digits TT.TT but wow God truly answers. I prayed that I wouldn't be a sluggard. and never knew that a few months later I would be waking up every morning around 5am and exercising.

it's actually not as hard as I thought it would be. most likely God's extra grace is on me. our family group is going to take it even further tomorrow and wake up earlier to have morning prayer in our living room.
yeah...we'll see how it'll goes...

Time has really been flying by because I only have a few more days as the group leader. God has taught me so much during this past week and half. I'm so grateful ^___^ most importantly besides loving people, God has taught me that a true leader is not just a leader by title. but someone who continues to set an example, love, and care. that even when I transfer over the leadership to the next leader (ack. still haven't decided who. Oh LORD I need clarity!) that I would still do my best and really be that strong support for that person.

Anyways morning exercise: I'm catching up towards the middle of the running group now because my roomie Diana has been literally pushing me. afterwards we had to climb up and down the stairs. oh man so crazy a couple days ago I was talking with Wuen about how hard morning exercises are. and I said- well, at least they're not making us climb stairs. stairs are my weakness.

mmm....seems like God is really developing my gift of prophecy..

I've been praying lately for God to show me His funny side. I think He is....but it's not funny. it reminds me of my dad's humor. when he's laughing, but I'm not laughing.
not funny -.- (but secretly smile on the inside)

For morning session Mr. Bill Heatley talked about the joy of working. wooooo! I hope I will remember this teaching forever. especially when I get a job later. He said that we should be joyful when we work and that God can use you anywhere. in fact it's necessary for us to all work in different fields. he also gave us a hint for our right job: what is it that we would do, even if we didn't get paid for it.

I guess I'm going to be a professional eater then.

Afternoon session: the speaker Rev. Joel talked about Arts and Entertainment. how we as believers should not avoid "worldly" things. but see how we can influence media to glorify God. even though there are all these horrific statistics on the amount of violence, distorted beauty, sex, etc shown in the media. running away from it or avoiding it, is not going to help. we need to take back media and shine through the darkness. i mean everything belongs to God anyways. media also belongs to Him. we shouldn't be influenced by negative things, but we shouldn't be unaware what goes on either.

then all the artists here got to eat lunch with the speaker. someone asked me if I was an artist too. I said that I'm a doodle artist. give me a pen and a three hour lecture. and I'll draw you a masterpiece doodle.

I would like to share something noteworthy today. so a couple days ago I mentioned that I wrote a letter of forgiveness to someone. and it was actually my sister. growing up we've always had a Tom and Jerry kind of relationship. but yeah...I really apologized. and this is what she wrote back.

I just got your letter- thank you for writing that, you don't know what that means to me after all these years of being hurt that you didn't care about me. The fact that you, of all people, have changed drastically enough to actively seek forgiveness is solid proof of God's existence and capability for me. It goes to show the extent of his incredible power and goodness, so I hope you realize that your actions are an incentive, inspiration, and reminder to keep pursuing him to change my guarded heart as well. I'm also proud of what you're doing; the fact that God is having you play out the actions that you're most unlikely to do, such as running, shows that you're truly his humble servant. You were blessed with so many natural talents and gifts, it's always been hard to watch you throw away or disregard what so many others like myself work so hard to reach. So stay away from sluggishness, mediocrity, and settling and continue using your way with words to reach out to others!

wow I was so touched by it...her writing it really good too....

the greatest miracle is the transformation of a person from the inside, out.
I really don't know what kind of monster I would be without God's grace.
but I'm really thankful that He is good.

goodnight.









Comments