Day 6

Thursday, June 28th 2012

5:30am. actually don't snooze and get up this time.

we do alot of running today. my ultimate weakness in life. people don't realize that running is a skill until they've seen me.

of course I'm in the back of the pack again. God has been giving me interesting revelations of "first will last and last will be first" see the thing is. the last have nowhere to go but up. while the first have to keep up their top positions, which is really difficult, so they end up falling down.

I guess that's why we need to be broken and humble before God. depending on Him to pull us up out the mess that we are. mmm....in terms of running I need lots and lots of help.

I actually was running and wanted to stop. but I passed by like three No Stopping At Any Time signs on the road.  aha....God has a sense of humor. 

I made a rule for myself. no matter how slow I run, I will keep going and never stop until I finish. 

Today Dr. Kim spoke about the vision God has given him called Beyond the Horizon. It's an amazing vision. it's to transform the world by building up powerful men and women of God. He's 72 years old and instead of thinking about retiring, he is still going strong. Full of dreams and faith.

Dr. Kim sharing God's vision


The strange thing here is that we actually get alot of time to have personal time with God. but it never seems to be enough! it's like I'm itching to spend more alone time with Him. and He has been speaking powerfully to all of us here during devotions.

Here's what I wrote in my Moleskine today.

God has been teaching me to love Him for who He is and not for what He can do. A difficult thing initially of course because we are accustomed to liking people that we can get something out of - whether they help you in some way or make you feel good about yourself.

But in ministry and life, it's so important to love someone for who they are and your mindset should be not what you can take from them but what you can give. In order to do this we must find our whole identity in Christ. When we lack nothing in Him, then we don't desire the approval of others or what they can give to us. Then we can learn to love them for who they are.

This stems from loving God faithfully. which ironically though we feel as though we cannot "see" Him. God says that it's not a difficult thing to love Him with all your heart. I guess it makes sense that if He is truly so amazing, it's not hard to love Him. in fact it's probably more difficult to not love Him. If you seek Him, He will be found by you.

Rev. Stephen Chong spoke for afternoon session about having a persevering faith and being blessed to be a blessing. I think it's so true no matter how powerful your encounter was with God, it doesn't matter if you don't continue to abide in Him daily. He spoke about his difficulties with his special needs daughter, but how he is able to trust in God despite his circumstances and actually use his sufferings to be a blessing onto others.

Sometimes when I have to overcome something or I experience suffering, knowing that one day I'll be able to understand someone else better and help them because of it, helps me get through those situations. God has a reason for everything and I'm realizing that when He plans things in my life, it's only for myself but those around me and those who I have yet to even meet.

For night service, Rev. Jae Park spoke again, oh my soooo hilarious my "abs" were hurting so much. He spoke about how as Christians we need to stop talking so much and just do it! and how God will give us things that we were made to do in every way.

hmmm hmmm I wonder what I am made to do?
I'm excited to find out :)

goodnight.


Comments