Day 35

Friday July 27th 2012

the day has arrived. we are to run 2 miles.
I made a commitment that I would not stop no matter what happens. keep running until I either finish or pass out.

puahaha I would have to say that I only keep about 20% of the commitments I make. (the number is actually probably lower) for example. I made a commitment to only eat icecream on fridays, except on thurs night when I saw that green tea icecream bar, I literally sprinted to it and pushed people out of the way for it.

and I have made many commitments before our 1 mile run to run without stopping. but aha....I stopped alot.

so how am I going to do 2miles even I can't even do 1......

I realized that yesterday I made a commitment to study, but I was like man....knowing me. I'll say I'll do it and then I won't even buy my textbooks.

today is the day though that I make a really difficult commitment and follow through.
before I ran I prayed that the Holy Spirit would run with me and encourage me.
so I ran and ran and ran. and then halfway at the one mile mark I was like ohhhh myyyyy.
as my calves were burning, lungs about to explode. I remembered how God has been with me all my life. And though I could never pay him back. I want to do something. to persevere and finish strong.
And so I kept running. And HS was encouraging me. and then kekekekekeke. I was like well I know that God knows all things, but sometimes Jesus gets surprised so I'm going to surprise Jesus. I mean he knows me pretty well by now and he probably thinks that I won't be able to finish 2miles without stopping, but I'm going to surprise him today! because Rebekah So is full of surprises.

and I kept running and running. and then before I knew it I was at the end.
for the first time in my life I ran 2 miles without stopping.
my time was 21 min and 13 seconds. ahahahahaha not very good. but hopefully God looks at the attitude more than my performance ability. so proud ^_____^

Things I learned today from the lectures:

Leadership is relationship. The most important thing as a leader is to build good relationships with those you are leading and I also suppose the other leaders around you. That's one of the things that I really learned from my short time as a leader and even back home. Having good relationships protects the unity of the group because you can get away with a lot more stuff puahahahaha. meaning there's less room for misunderstandings and if there is a conflict of some sort you can resolve it much quicker. plus there's also more room for honesty and you can be yourself. really build that trust and friendship with those around you.

A quote I really like that was mentioned by Dr. Ventrella: "God has saved us from something, for something"

I've really been learning for the past year that God not only has plans to bless me alone, but also to bless those around me. In the same way He blessed Abraham with the plans to bless all the nations.

Something I wrote last year (it's in the thoughts section of my blog titled: Don't Waste Your Life)
The best times in my life I would have to say were when I was there for someone else:  a family member, a friend, a complete stranger. Because when you see the impact you have, the value of your life increases. When you see lives being changed in front of your very eyes, you wonder, man what if I had never been born? Would this person be the same without me? It’s not really to puff up your ego, but during those hard times when you wish you had never been born, you remember that there is someone out there who is indeed very thankful that you were. 


I understand Apostle Paul when he said that he'd rather be in heaven but at the same time he wanted to be with the people. Whenever I get in a car or plane or etc. I never worry about dying because I know that my time here in this world is not finished yet, God has alot of people I still need to meet and I hope that we can be mutually encouraged.

Tonight in our family group we all went around and complimented each other. it took like 2 hours but it was worth it. mehehehe I recorded mine. I keep it foreverrrrrrr and listen to it when I need encouragement.

Let us finish this race together with the power of love.

goodnight.




Comments