Day 27

Thursday July 19, 2012

oh man I didn't have time to write the blogpost for last night because it was like woooosh woosh. Holy Spirit was working so powerfully in our family group. I just want to thank everyone who has been praying for me. I really feel it so much. I pray that you will receive blessings in double portions!

I've been crazy joyful these days. God's been really teaching me to trust in Him with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding. Even when I had to chose the next leader, I had to trust Him. and alot of people here are truly sticking to their commitments to surrender ALL to Him. even the things that they cherish the most. And I realize that yes God is testing us the way that He tested Abraham, but He also wants to set us free from the things that burden us. He wants our desires to be in Someone who is reliable and powerful not on people, things, situations that will fail or disappoint us. And He desires to pour out His love and blessings onto us. So that not only are we blessed, but we can be a blessings onto others.

He's raising a generation of people who are willing to humble themselves before Him and say "I'm sorry. I can't do this on my own. I need You." He plans keep these people in His presence and to make them distinct from everyone else. No more lukewarmness, no more on the fence. We are either going to be for Him or against Him. I pray that His mercy and grace would lead us back to Him. that all those who are called will come together in love and unity. sharing the same mind and likeness of Christ. believers who are transformed from the inside out by the power of the Holy Spirit. believers who will be committed and stand firm- holding onto the gospel without be ashamed of it or shaken. that His laws would be written on our hearts and minds. no longer feeling the guilt of sin, but being empowered to expanding the Kingdom. so that we would be His people and He would be our God.

May we never forget and persevere each day. Surrendering to Him and lingering in His presence daily.

Yesterday we learned the power of stories. And I believe that God has written beautiful stories with our lives. I got to hear some powerful testimonies from the girls in my group. We've all been through alot. In the beginning of this trip I foolishly thought that because most of us grew up in well-off Christian families we were all sheltered. but everyone has burdens and secrets they carry.

Last night was the last time I would be leading family group and God is so good. I know that He is restoring, freeing, maturing us so much. We are surrendering our lives to Him so that He may use our talents that He has given us in such powerful ways. He is putting so much hope in us as we trust Him.

And we must cling onto this hope. For His love never fails.

I also want to share Gregg Helvey's short film on modern day slavery http://kavithemovie.com/
You can watch the movie on the link above. it's a 19min short film that was nominated for an Oscar. Gregg is an example of a man who decided to surrender His talents to God, and as a result God has exponentially blessed Him. He's working on another project now, please pray for Him that God will use Him mightyly to influence media.



all I can say is that God is good. and I want to spend the rest of my life believing and proclaiming that He is good so that the world may turn to Him and put their faith in His son Jesus Christ. who is the ONLY way to know God.

good morning :)

Comments