Day 38

Monday July 30th 2012

Today Dr. Soon Ja Choi spoke about using resources wisely. ahaha she's sucha cute grandma. she's a doctor (probably loaded) but she's wearing an entire outfit that costs less than $10. she buys most of her clothes at garage sales and gives her money away. wow....amazing.

I've been thrifting these days too. except I'm not sure if it actually saves money or if I've spending the same amount ^_^" but I shall make a commitment to continue giving. DONT FORGET.
it's better to give than to receive. I hope this is true.

but yeah she talked about how we waste so much. and I remember I was reading the pamphlet about the animal farms and I was so upset that I almost became a vegan! but I'm a natural carnivore (literally the doctor said my body type is red: the type that craves meat).

I realized that the realistic (or preferred) solution is not to stop eating meat. it's to stop wasting meat. that way meat production can be reduced and the animals won't have to suffer so much TT.TT

always this world, especially this country is about excess! abundance is good, when you have the resources for it. but when your resources are scarce then we gotta manage it well or pray that God will overflow.

For afternoon session I think Dr. Choi was going to share her testimony but she began with asking our generation for forgiveness (because of the mistakes that the first generation have made) and then she was so overwhelmed that she couldn't continue speaking. wow..so powerful. my heart just ajfafjalkfjaljga.

I know that the first gen hurt us alot. growing up with the cultural barrier and miscommunications. yeah at times I thought I was going to go crazy. but it's in the past now. I forgive my parents. and I also need to ask forgiveness from them because the second gen: we've been disrespectful and spoiled. we never been through wars, famine. never knew what it means to have to work hard for survival. never learned to appreciate.

I think God really wants to reconcile our relationships as Rev. Danny also mentioned. it's going to take alot of patience and understanding. and prayer. but it can be done! DONT FORGET.

Lastly Ms. Chong-Ae Shah came to talk to us about IJM (International Justice Mission) and the work that they do. destroying the works of darkness in this world!

I love this poem. I read it in one of the Chicken Noodle Soup books.
ack I wish I knew what the title of it was. but basically it's this person asking (or complaining) to God why He let all this injustice in the world happen and why He's not doing anything about it. and at the end of the poem God answers something along the lines of I did do something about it. I created you.

alot of people can talk about injustice this and that. but not alot of people actually do something about it.
I pray that I would be one of the people who actually do.

goodnight.

Comments