Day 12

I thought SoCal was supposed to be warm and sunny but it's so cold! brought all these shorts and short sleeves but I've been wearing hoodies and jeans. running out of clothes o.O

all prepared to go hardcore during morning exercise today. but it turns out that we're not doing any running. just stretching and football drills? I don't know...I sorta cheated on everything. but then the guy leading the exercises today said something towards the end that really convicted me. and so for the last set I tried real hard.

God's been telling me how important the body is and how I need to take care of my body. aghhh I feel like it's dying right now though. been sore for the past week and half and I'm slowly going insane from the lack of sleep. but sall gooooood. I will emerge victorious!

Happy Fourth of July btw.

Today P.John Choi spoke. aha he's so cool and he can play guitar real well and everything.
he taught us interesting things about the Old Testament. and again emphasized how important it is to read the bible and pray. it's like the "wax on, wax off" of our lives. it seems repetitive but without it we can't fight off enemy lies/attacks and be a force for the Kingdom. Read and pray everyday.

videos below. first one of him rapping lol and the second one tryna sing in Korean olden day style.



P.Bill talked about how because of Jesus we are now able to not sin: basically we have power over sin and can say no to it. Hallelujah! this is such an amazing revelation if we truly apply it. that we are no longer slaves of sin but slaves of righteousness.

For evening session Dr. Kim led us in prayer for this nation and some other countries. This world belongs to God. foshure. We also had to do this thing where we read the Declaration of Dependence Upon God. a couple other students and I went up and read it. (I asked how we got chosen, and basically we are like the people who don't seem to have any other talents, so they wanted us to get involved. ahaha....pity roles)

Afterwards went outside to see the fireworks. don't hate me but honestly I don't really get excited about fireworks. I think it's kinda depressing? it costs so much and there's so much work/anticipation for it to explode in like 2 seconds. and then it's gone...

but maybe that's the beauty of it. Idk. I like the loud sounds they make.

we did our own sparklers and mini fireworks in the parking lot. and then everyone hung out outside/ played volleyball, etc. but I'm still a grandma hehe. so I played guitar inside with the other old ladies here and made remixes to Adele-Someone Like You.



sometimes I wonder if I should try to be more friendly and energetic...
I hope that God likes me as a grandma for now :)

goodnight.


Comments