Day 11

I think the craziness from the lack of sleep is starting to hit me. I was pretty weird today.

Before morning exercise, I was determined to be third to last instead of second to last. mmm see my strategy, move up one everyday until I am first mwahahaha. decided to push myself. but then I got real nervous, and during the first 10 seconds of running I felt like throwing up. so i was heaved over on the side gagging.

Cathy (staff) saw me dying and stuck me in the alternative suburban mom speed walking group that takes the short-cut course -.-

While I was speed walking, I tried to think about why I wanted to push myself. because if I push myself without a goal or reason, it's all in vain. So I thought about how as I leader, I can't be holding back the group. Especially when we go on missions, I can't be struggling and out of breath walking around. what if God wants to send me to the mountains somewhere? Focus Rebekah. Focus

Tomorrow morning I shall try again.

Today's lecture topics were real heavy. about the two most controversial issues abortion and homosexuality. I tried to do inceptions on the speakers to take breaks, but it didn't work TT.TT.  finally when we did get one, I literally went outside in the sun and lied down on the sidewalk, acting real overdramatic.
brain overload. so many questions. so many arguments. so much logic. yet so much we don't know.

But in the midst of it. the truth will be revealed. and there is hope!

This gave me chills. I found out today that "Jane Roe" (her real name Norma McCorvey) from the landmark abortion case Roe V. Wade ironically became anti-abortion years later. CLICK and READ



just something to think about.

during the discussions, although some of the questions were clarifying, I felt like for the most part we kept repeating the questions and it was so heavy. I never ever EVER ask questions. I usually don't care enough to or am not bold enough to. but I knew I had to ask this question.

the time was coming to an end and there was room for one more question. alot of people's hands were raised. but the professor pointed at me. so I guess that was the sign. I asked this: In the midst of all these situations and controversies, how do you think God will ultimately be glorified? 


I really like the answer he gave. Basically he said that this was a wake-up call for the church and the church needs to get it together and set the example. We need to have more pre-marital measures and take marriage seriously by dealing with the issues of divorce within the church. The church needs to take ownership.

I think his answer is so crucial. Instead of the church focusing so much on others and pointing fingers, we need to solve the issues on the inside first. Jesus always talked about how the Pharisees condemned others but never examined themselves. But this is a hopeful message! God is using these situations to expose our issues and lead us to repentance, so that the church may once again shine for Him.

these are some exciting times. and now it's time to share some of my epic doodles.





goodnight.



Comments