Day 13

Not used to the dryness of Cali so my hands and my eyeballs are so dry. can't wear my contacts anymore.

This morning I was not in the power walking group! I'm gunna be serious and run. running running. jogging jogging. super slow jogging. I give up walking. I'm last now. my goal is to be third to last today. so at the last 50 feet I "sprint" past two other girls. yayyyyyyy I'm not going to be last. turn the corner. oing?!

where is everyone? there is no one at the spot where we usually finish. i see people far ahead still running. nooooooo we are running a little farther today. oh nooo keep going. I fall behind because I got this weird phlegm in my throat. spit. ACKK!! accidentally spit it all over my shoe. try to clean my shoe on the grass. aww mann I'm last place again.

"Coach" Joe was really encouraging, running next to me and making sure that I did not stop. yeah. really making sure I didn't slow down. after awhile I wanted to pull that hulk move on him (when the Hulk punches Thor and sends him flying away). aha ^__^ nothing personal.

Today we studied the bible both New Testament and Old Testament. for our exam on Saturday we gotta memorize the names of all 66 books. mmm better look up the bible song.

I never knew the bible was so interesting! we talked about how the bible was put together (biblical canon). all the historical evidence of it. the thousands of manuscripts (5,600) supporting it's authenticity. it's truly a divine book.

P. John Choi was explaining to us the Old Testament. and on one of his slides there was a map of the Jerusalem region. as I was studying the map, I remembered something I heard from one of Ravi Zacharias's sermons. After the fall of man, they moved east from the Garden of Eden. I always thought that the Garden of Eden was supposed to be located in the Mesopotamia region. but the land inhabited by the people back then was west of that region not east. which means the Garden of Eden should be located west of the inhabited land. Near Jerusalem.



I wanted to ask him this question. but I kept it to myself. later though towards the end of the lecture. P.John shares with us that he has a theory of where the Garden of Eden was actually located and that he was certain that it wasn't in the Mesopotamia region. oh snap!! then he went over the exact verse about Adam and Eve moving towards the east. and we went over some more verses to support that statement.

While he was talking. I remember what else Dr. Ravi said. while everyone was moving east. Abraham went to the west. and then BAM revelation. God was leading Abraham to the west, because He was leading him back to Him!! back to the Garden of Eden to be reconciled with Him. also known as the Promised Land.

and then P.John started to confirm everything I was thinking as he was speaking. it was crazy...and I was getting so excited. and he talked about how God said the land was flowing with milk and honey but really it's a dry land - that milk and honey actually refers to the dependence of God's chosen nation upon Him to provide them with a fruitful land.

wow....never knew bible reading was so fun. it's like uncovering hidden mysteries.
Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.

I'm so excited for our free time tomorrow to read the bible! never been this excited to read. we're supposed to be "studying" for our exam. but aha we'll see about that.

Afterwards we work on our group project. it's really legit. we have three teams: Haiti, North Korea, and U.S.  our project is to rebuild a community, ultimately the nation. we'll give a presentation at the end. the winning team will get seed money (which we can claim within three years) to actually implement the project. crazyyy... this is actually for real....

I have no idea what I'm doing. I need that heavenly wisdom for this. I think before I try to rebuild Haiti, I should learn to clean my dorm room first. already getting so messy ^^"

For our family groups. the initial leaders are transferring their roles to someone else. our group and Diana (our group leader) voted and decided that I would be the next leader o.O oh Lord have extra mercy and grace on me.

When Diana first told me. I wasn't sure how to feel about it. it's like deep down I knew it was coming, but now the day has finally come. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked. It's so true like spiderman. more power, more responsibility. but thank goodness Jesus says that his yoke is easy and his burden light. I must find a balance between these two verses.

My family prayed over me and I was so encouraged by them. I hope that I will truly be able to overflow God's love onto them. Please pray for God's grace over me as I lead. that I would have creativity and wisdom. Also for me to open my eyes to see how much God loves me, so that I could overflow that love.

room 102 so cute family. I lab you!


I have no room for doubts and fear. Though I'm quite silly and clumsy at times. and I've never taken the initiative or had any ambitions to be in a leadership position. I know that this is God's promise over my life to make me into a strong leader. and to one day lead a mighty army. 

during this morning's exercise as I came in last again. I thought to myself. Oh Lord, I can't even last a day in the army. how am I supposed to lead one? 

but one thing I know is to trust in the LORD with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding. to submit my life to Him daily. and believe that He will finish His good works through me. that He will protect and guide me. and He will not let me fail or cause others to stumble. but instead to lead them into His love.

I am filled with joy. because even though He knows everything about me. He still chose me
And most importantly. He loves me so much ^____^

goodnight. 


Comments