Day 33

mwhahaha I'm excited to post up the pics that we took today. so asiannnnnnn.
our family group has to make a year book page (i know we get a year book! i hope we sign it like we did in middle school: you rock. stay the same)

room 102 super cuties

my roomie Diana and me



mehehe I was tired so I was in the power walking group during morning exercise. but I hear that this week we have to run 2 miles!!!! I don't think I've ever ran more than a mile. 2 miles is going to take me 40min -.-

today we are fasting lunch. so I went a lil crazy during breakfast. still I was so hungry during lectures I was going to pass out. but Rev. Danny Han was so on point. he talked about how in the korean american church there is this generational tension between the 1st generation Koreans and the 2nd generation Koreans because 1st gen is all about sacrifice and hardwork while 2nd gen is about balance. he explained that because of this broken relationship the 2nd gen is missing out on the inheritance from the 1st gen. we have a lot to learn from each other and I hope that we'll be more respectable to our parents' gen.

he also shared with us his personal testimony of him reconciling with his father and how he was able to then receive love from Father God. I know I struggled with this so much growing up. I knew that God loved me in my mind but in my heart I never believed it. but if we don't believe with all our hearts that God loves us then we'll never be able to love ourselves, others, and God Himself.

God is so good. I just wish I knew more of how good He really is and I want us all to know.
I got the Father of Lights dvd sent to me here!! and I asked the staff if we could watch it in the lecture room on Sat night. hopefully people will be willing to watch it. and I hope this documentary reveals more of God's goodness and His character.

here's the trailer. watch it!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKpPVkHlDQU

after lectures we all rushed to dinner...and I guess I went a little too crazy cause I ate this giant hotdog, hamburger, fried rice, chili, and fries. wow.....

I had a mentoring session with Dr. Kim's wife (my grandma role model!!) and she talked for like 85% of the time while i ate. hehehe and she's such a bad influence, she convinced me to eat a cookie even though I'm not supposed eat desserts except on Fridays.

but her stories were so funny and cool. her life is truly a testimony of God's grace. and I want mine to be too. while I was talking to her I actually found out what I want to do! I don't know how but at least now I have an idea. I want to change how people do counseling. I feel like alot of psychological counseling is probably not helpful, and is a bunch of bs (especially all those medications etc.) No matter how good the counselor or therapy is: without the gospel, there cannot be any lasting, complete transformation. I want to change the field to include the One who can truly heal from the inside out. I want to be a healer. not just physically but emotionally, mentally, spiritually. everything.

aha i realize as I'm writing this. it's like deja vu because I think I wrote this on my other blog about Korea (120 days). wow...so this is why I wanted to study psychology. I totally forget. humans need to be reminded. but now that I am reminded (hopefully this time I will remember) I hope that I will pray more about this vision and work hard in school!

Dr. Os Guinness spoke for evening session. and as usual we did not understand most of it. but I did get one thing. He reminded us that humans are unique because they are made in God's image. this got me thinking again about psychology, because psychologist believe that humans are animals, but we believe that humans are unique from animals because we can have a relationship with God. this view could really change many theories, especially the ones that are based on research on animals.

oh ho ho ho i'm excited. Ms. Rebekah So the secret agent in the field of psychology. I'm going to blow it up and throw everything into chaos mwahahahaha. don't forget.

tonight!!! we got to have family group meeting at yogurt land. Cathy (staff) took us there and bought us all froyo. so niceeee ^__^ the staff here show the true meaning of servanthood. but yeahh we were asking her questions and she said that never in her life did she think that she would be serving for 12 years at GLDI. but she has learned to be faithful with the small things and that God can use anything.

and so whether it's cleaning the church bathrooms, buying the future leaders of the world froyo, writing a book or starting a revival. God sees our hearts in all that we do and He can multiply it. Let us be forever faithful to Him, serving Him with joyful and sincere hearts.

goodnight.

Comments