Day 5

Fri  Feb 25th

Woken up to a call from Cheeia asking if I want to go to the immigration office with them.
I say yes wait for me please!
Super fast getting ready.

So mad I forgot my camera. Too many funny/cool things to take pictures of today.

Like the pissed off Korean guy who was stuck sitting smack in the middle of all of us foreigners on the subway. Really wanted to take a sneak pic of him.

And Garfield. Dancing around in front of the subway.

The school gave us directions to the immigration office.
What the paper said verbatim.
Go straight  for 10 min. make a right. Then immigration office will be on the left.
The worst directions ever…..

Somehow we manage to find the immigration building. Only now we cannot find the room.
We think we find it. I pull out like 15 numbers for the waiting thingy. Sike…..wrong room.
We finally find the right room and have to wait 2 hours until our number is called.
This is just like the MDA I say.
The what?
I mean the MDV?
Y ou mean the DMV?
Oh yeah….eh hahaha

While are applications are being reviewed I am quite nervous. There is a new law that states that for Korean Americans both parents must be US citizens before your birth in order to stay in Korea or else you must get Korean passport.  Chris told me he got rejected because of that and I don’t want to get rejected.

Everyone else gets their paper for their alien registration card. Except me….
UH OH…. Lady is calling over the manager and they are pointing at my passport and doing some intense talking. Crap….
They call me over. Ask me when my dad became a citizen.
I say do not worry 1981! Way before I was born.
They say they need proof.
AH crap….where am I gunna get proof?!
I am not gunna get deported.
So I start waving my arms around and speaking in my best Korean possible about how my grandpa came to America to start a new life when he was young and ramble on about my whole family history. They try to interrupt me a few times but I am very passionate about my explanation.  
They give up and give me a paper too.
MWAHAHAHAHAHA. Yes.

Lunch time
We go to this cute little Pasta place. Mmmm pasta….mmm carbs…
Oh look we get marshmallows with our meals!
Uuh….rebekah?
BITE. Wait a min….something is not right.
HAHAHAHA those aren’t marshmallows. You use those to wipe your hands before you eat.  
Stupid rolled up hand wipes that look like marshmallows. Fml….

Afterwards we go to Paris Baguette
AHHHHHH why did I leave my camera at home! My asian girl instincts are going crazy.
The most prettiest cakes ever. I want to eat all of them.

Time to go to the 12th floor of the UPLEX building for our cheering orientation.
Yes we have a cheering orientation -____- where we learn all about the school cheers…
Glass elevator. So high in the sky. I want to take pictures of the city….sigh…..

One hour of cheering = DEATH.
The MC asks the crowd “do you guys want to do one more cheer?”
Noo noooo more. I am so exhausted. “NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”
 I am in the front row. Oh crap. I yelled that too loudly….
The MC looks very stunned. “Really? No more?”
Everyone is staring at me…
“ehhhh heh heh ^^” just kidding? ”
Time for me to leave…

Dinner (barely 3 hours after lunch)
I go to Mr. Pizza with Sarah and Cheeia.
I like them :D because they also like to sit and eat.
All this walking makes me so hungry. I punish my pizza.

Back on my dorm floor when I see the supervisor of the building interrogating a group of girls because they are not supposed to be on the boy’s floor.
One of the girls points to me and says look she’s on this floor too?!
Errggg why little girl why!
I say shhhh… And disappear like a ninja. Close one.  

2 Parties going on tonight.
Should I stay or should I go?
I decide to be a grandma and chill in my dorm :D
I am very happy with my decision.
Goodnight.

Comments

  1. LOL i cant believe u ate the handwipe..or tried to LOL

    How come you needed to go to the immigration office? ahhghh so many orientations and logistical stuffsss >:(

    "NOOOOOOOO!" <-- hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol you dont need to go to the immigration office unless you are staying in korea for more than 90 days

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment