Day 17

WARNING. this is a long post.
because i actually woke up in the morning like a regular person. so there is more to my day.
but read it anyways :D


I really need to drop this 10 am class.
so early in the morning.

WARNING. the next paragraph is TMI.
so do not be eating when you are reading this.

so as you know i have a condition called FTS. (foreign toilet syndrome)
its a name i made up because it is my medical mystery.
i cannot poop anywhere outside of my house, and judy's house.lucky judy.
because my butt is very shy.
nothing will help. laxatives, eating veggies, drinking water, etc.
longest i've gone without pooping. 3 weeks.
so my main worry about this trip was my FTS.
last week someone prayed for me so everything was okay.
but then this week i stopped going for like 3 days. And so this morning i was freaking out.
i have been hesistant to pray for myself because it just sounds ridiculous.
how is the kingdom of God going to be advanced by me pooping?!
but then in the Lord's prayer i remembered it also said "give us today our daily bread"
God takes care of even our daily matters
and in matthew it says not to worry because God will feed us and clothe us and shelter us.
He takes care of even the trivial things in our lives.
And then I prayed.
And literally 2 min later. My prayer was answered. :D
PRAISE THE LORD.
Today is going to be a good day.

I'm all happy that i pooped and i have no sense of time so I'm late ofcourse
get to the classroom around 10:20
prepare myself to tiptoe in and the classroom is....EMPTY??
oing? what the....where is everyone.
OHEMGEEEE did it get canceled?? this is why i need to check my email.
ahhhh if it got canceled then i woke up for NO REASON.
I press my back to the door and slide down onto the floor and wail like a little kid on the ground

I'll admit I was being a bit overdramatic...
but sleep is very important to me.
order goes
1. Jesus
2. Food
3. Sleep

While i'm sitting on the ground moping
i look up and this guy is staring at me
He is also confused looking and late.
YAY. i'm not alone.
we discuss this situation and i end up calling a few friends in the class.
no answer. ack! attack them with texts.
thankfully priscilla texts me back and says that our classroom has changed
at least put a sign on the door -____-;;

this is my North Korean politics class.
The professor discusses about blahblah something theory. realist? liberalism?
these words are very familiar. as a polisci major i should know this...so far away in the distance in my memory...
the kids in this class are uber smart. answers are so smart. how do they know this information?
WHY IS MY BRAIN SO TINY.
if he calls on me i'm dead.

next he shows us a video about NK
ahh now this is more my style :D
i love documentaries.
the documentary hurt to watch. the stories that the refugees of the prison camp and the former prison officer told were horrifying. literally like the holocaust. and its real and going on now.
families down to 3 generations and even their neighbors are being tortured, experimented on, and killed if one member is suspected of being an "american spy". how can people be so cruel.
and it hurts the most that we cant do anything about it.
If NK suspects of any kind of threat they will attack back. and it could be the start of a nuclear war.

I pray that God will free this land.
And when that day comes. its game over.

Afterwards had lunch with Cheeia.
soup and garlic bread. moi french. oh huh huh wee wee.
i love garlic bread <3

Yesterday I prayed for all the friends i've made here during this trip.
That they may have the desire to know God.

AND THEN! Cheeia today asks me about Christianity.
omgomgomg put my garlic bread down.  i am very awake now.
I tell her recently I have been trying not to be religious but live to tell the gospel.
she asks me what's the gospel.
omgomgomg what?! she's never heard the gospel?
I'm starting to realize nowadays that so many people even those who claim to be Christians have no understand of the gospel.
this is so much pressure on me. how do i explain this?
she tells me to hurry cause she has class in 10 min.
omgomgomgomg even more. where do i begin? i am so bad at this.
this is what i live for and believe in and i cant even explain it!!!! AHHHHHH!!
i spit out bits and pieces. about how we are sinful so we cannot be with God
but God loves us and sent His son (Jesus) to die in our place to pay the price of our sin in order to for us to be able to be with God.
i tell her to read the book of John. he explains much better than me...
I give Cheeia a hug. She made me so happy today.

I'm walking back to my class.
smiling like a complete maniac.
but i dont care!
my prayers are being answered :D
and i can feel it. something is happening here.
i say hi to like 3 people i sorta know.
such energetic hi's.
like HEYYYYYY so and so :D Grin grin grin
feelin like sucha creeper....

then! get this whee whee sarah calls me for lunch.
i already ate so i'll drink banana milk.
i pray before i go to lunch with her that our conversation would be about God.

God never disappoints.
Sarah is much harder than Cheeia. she was warmup haha.
Because Sarah's korean and already been to church and already has an impression about "christianity"
sigh...christianity. i wish i could wipe this slate clean and start over.
Christianity in the world today has become many things. some good some bad.
its not about practicing this religion of christianity though. ITS ABOUT A RELATIONSHIP WITH CHRIST. call it what you want.
Sarah believes that we should live our lives for ourselves, do what we want. don't have to sacrifice, give up our lives for anything, shouldn't have to be a servant to God.
i ask her this. Who does the painting glorify itself or its creator? For ex. does the Mona Lisa glorify itself or Davinchi.
She says it glorifies Davinchi. (what i was trying to get at)
but then she goes further to say that it also glorifies Davinchi through the admiration of other people and therefore the painting itself has influence.
ohh myyy. i'm not sure if she just understood the genius of what she said in the context of my point of view. I think she was trying to defend her point of view but this is what i got out of it!
That is the beauty of living your life for God. He gives us the chance to be the LIGHT of the world. and so that we can be an influence other people so that God may be glorified.
We are all different paintings. God created us as individuals not only to glorify Him but to influence others to glorify Him (ie. living our lives in accordance to His will and sharing the gospel). 
I think we who have grown in up in the Christian church have forgotten the second part. And i didn't even think of that part analogy until Sarah mentioned it.
SHWEEET.

I'm exhausted but happy from all this deep thinking.

film class. dicussion. ofcourse i didnt read the discussion assignment.
3 new yorkers are in my discussion group.
one of them is a film major. they talk so fast.
the japanese girl next to me. we are born on the same day!
her english is not good. so she doesnt understand what they are saying.
i tell her not to worry. i cant understand what they are saying either..

next class. nap time class!!!
tell chris i'm skipping korean tell the teacher i'm dying i dont care.
i must sleep. nice.

6:30 wake up groggily from my nap.
dinnnner time.
eat turkey sandwiches. then eat pizza. then get cheesecake. then get tiramasu.
oh no..........this is not good.

i must work out today!
Go to the work out room with Chris.
i'm not really sure what to do with all these machines.
do the step climber for a min and 30 secs and give up.
spent a total of about 5min at the gym.
good workout.
i weigh myself as i go out.
OH EMMM GEEEEE. i am so depressed about my weight.
Cheeia is depressed about something else. so we go and eat icecream.
depressed about my weight so i eat -_____-;;;; oh the irony.

this is getting super long so i'll stop.
tomorrow is gunna be a fun day! i can feel it in my old grandma bones
goodnight :D


sorry i dont have alot of pictures
for this long post :[
i've been getting lazy...

obviously cheeia is the only one who wants to take a picture :D


Comments