Day 63

happy easter!!!!
i will def wake up for Christ has risen!!

head to jubilee church with the girl i met on the bus christine
yesterday i sent a mass text to see who wants to go to church with me.
and like 7 people came :] yay.

on the way to jubilee i find out that
tim hwang (korean celeb) goes to that church!!
really i didnt know haha that wasnt the reason i wanted to go ^^"
and the pastor who caught my attention at the good friday service.
is tim's brother!!
oh mo nah.
now i'm really super excited.
but FOCUS. rebekah not going to church for celebs man.

but yeah....
ahh twinkle twinkle*
tim hwang led the choir
and he also sang.
it was the best 30 sec of my life.
such a beautiful voice.
from such a beautiful man.
guys. i think i'm in love.

rest of the time try to not focus on the fact that the love of my life is sitting in the same room as me.
and focus on the message.
Pastor Hwang talked about having true faith!
and how most christians fall into the category of sleepin.
basically chillin in their comfort zones. lukewarm.
P.Hwang says in order to know if you have real belief.
we will 1) have a heart of gratitude/ overwhelming thanks and joy
2) testify Jesus. spread the word and share our testimonies!

my whole christian life basically i've been lukewarm.
until very recently. like 2 weeks ago?
but now i hope i catch on fire and run with it !!!

the time is near when the words spoken will be fulfilled.
and so its time to wake up guys!!
do not let the owner of the house return to find you sleepin!

this is something i found yesterday
reading through all my old documents cause there was no Internet.
wrote this about a couple months before i came to korea.

life.

Some days I wait for excitement. Something out of the ordinary to happen. Something that will free me from the mundane and the routine. I fear sometimes that this is all my life will be. Wake up go to work. Come home. Eat. Watch some things on my computer. And start all over again. The things that make life worth living I suppose are the relationships that we have. When we don’t have these relations it gets so lonely, so pointless, so boring.

I guess this is why social networks spread like viruses. We have this longing to be connected with people. To let them know that we exist. To go out and have fun with our friends. Make new friends. Keep in touch with old friends. So it seems like there’s something different in our mundane lives.

I wonder sometimes how I can make life more interesting. I hold my spiritual life so dear to me because without God I would truly go insane without the prospect that there is something greater worth living for. Yet sometimes as a believer I’m trapped in this world in which the definition of a believer is someone who just routinely attends church every Sunday. 

Maybe this is why I’m excited for school to start. To study abroad. To be in a new environment, to be around new people. But at the same time in those places I’m sure things will also get mundane.

I suppose it’s true when they say everything is meaningless. I wish we could be able to live our lives to its full potential. If life is gift, why is it that sometimes it doesn’t feel like we are appreciative of this gift. More like am itchy sweater that you get at Christmas from your Grandma kind of gift.

I hope I learn to appreciate life. To see it more than just an everyday routine. To break free from the mundane cycle. 


i dont even remember writing this.
its funny how God answer's our prayers.
now that i have surrendered my life to God.
i have finally been set free.
and its the best feeling in the world.
"you will know the truth and the truth will set you free"

while Richard was arguing with me about christianity.
he said that its basically like being used by God.
but i told him. that no. God would never force us to do anything.
He only gives when WE decide to give our lives to Him.
and then we become a friend. not a servant.
for a servant does not know his master's business.
if you are waiting for that wa-bam moment.
seek a relationship with God. desire to know Him.
show Him that you love Him by abiding in His word.
offer Him all of you.  for He deserves not a part of you but all.
and He will give you all authority in heaven and on earth.

i'm starting to feel that my life will be taken to it's full potential.
everyday is filled with endless possibilities
and i'm excited for the days to come.

so beautiful.

Comments