Day 95

woke up slightly early today
to go watch my fellow rebekah. rebekah na perform!

on my way there. i just felt that i should sit in the forest
and read the word of God.
so i meditated on psalm 63
In a dry and thirsty land
Where there is no water
and i prayed as rain drops began to fall around me
that God would soak this land with His presence.
and the people of this land would thirst for Him.
oh it was pretty epic.

as i was walking to the place where the performance would be
i ran into MJ. the guy who i talked to last thursday
and he was the one who was once hurt by the church
but i saw last thursday God was just beginning to restore his heart.
and last week my sister Marie wrote down red heart before the treasure hunt
and on tuesday. she got red heart again.
when I saw MJ. i saw that he was wearing a white t-shirt.
and on that white t-shirt. over his heart. there was a red heart.
oh my...

i'm learning each day. just how real God is.

when i got to the place. i tried to look for the room that the performance was to be held.
but i couldnt find it.
i was walking around. and i came across the green bulletin board from the first treasure hunt.
last time there was this map with three thumb tacks on three locations on the map.
i looked at the map again today and two of the thumb tacks were gone and only one remained.
the first thumb tack was over the building that this board is in.
the second thumb tack was over the amphitheater that i prayed at yesterday.
and the last remaining thumb tack was over a building that i did not know.

so i decided that i would find this building.
on my way there. i stopped by at the ancient looking place again.
and there were all these monks from Thailand.
hehe they were real cute. and they were all smiling at me.
so i was talking to them and the tour guide was translating for me.
as i was leaving to go find this building. the tour guide chased me down, gave me his card, and asked if i wanted a job as a tour guide.
i took the card to be polite cause i'm leaving in a month so there's really no point in me working now. but maybe someone else might be interested.
and then he asked me for my name. since he's korean i decided to give him my korean name.
Eunjie.

eventually i found the building and discovered that it was a child development research center.
hmmm interesting. i wonder why God sent me here.
so i walked around and this woman walked by me.
she stopped suddenly, turned around, and asked me if i needed help with anything.
i told her in korean i'm not sure.
she asked me if i was a student and i said yeah i'm a foreign student.
and then she started talking to me in english. whew
she asked me again what i was doing here and how i found out about this place.
and honestly it sounded so weird me saying this. but i was just like mmm i just felt that i should be here.
but then immediately it was like something clicked for her and she asked me if i wanted to volunteer at this center.
so i was like sure! i love kids.

God works in mysterious ways.

my childhood friend michael is here in korea!!
this is a legitimate reason to skip class.
on my way to meet up michael at the subway station
i walk by the benches in front of the dorms and i see jong eun.
the guy that i prayed for healing over his foot last thursday.
i was really excited to see him and so i ran over.
and his face was just so happy. (imagine this big ol' smile on this super emo, dark, skinny looking type deal guy)
he said that today he knew that he would see me.
and i was like oh really? haha. how did you know
he told me that he's been waiting here because around this time last week he had an encounter with God through me.
and he didn't even know my name or who i was but after i left he couldn't stop thinking about what had happened. and ever since then he's been hoping to run into me again.
and he stopped going to church a long time ago. but now he wants to start going.

oh my..wow.
i was so happy when he said those things. and i told him that i after i left last week to go to class i prayed that i would run into him again too.
and i said jong eun shi. it makes me really happy to hear you say those things. truly God loves you for he would not have sent me to talk to you if he didnt.
and i told him that it is wonderful that he is thinking about going back to church. but i did not talk to him just to tell him to go to church. that the thing that God wants the most from him is just for him to embrace His love. 
those who know of His love. will not need anyone to tell them what to do. but they will seek God themselves.

he told me his foot has gotten much better since last week.
and i was like that's awesome. continue to believe that God is one who fully restores.
i prayed for his foot again. and i told him that if he has faith that he will be able to jump with joy and praise God.
and i as i walked away he said wait, what is your name.
since he's korean and it seems like i've been giving out my korean name today.
i said my name is Eunjie.

Eunjie means God's grace is known.

mmm by the time i met up with michael i was just ready to overwhelm him with love.
tehehehehe. ah michael and i had some good talks.
yeah michael just spend your time here in korea to soak and grow in intimacy.
because once you are intimate with God. nothing can keep you down.
let me tell you something interesting about michael.
he used to eat cereal with orange juice.
yeah. he's a special kid.

tonight we had joint familias meeting
on courtship and dating.ooh lala
yeah. i'm going to start loving right.
haha i said this two summers ago actually. and it didn't quite work out.
as a result ended up in a lot of me getting hurt and hurting others as well.
but yes!! i know this time. its legit.
for i have a new heart. 

afterwards we watched kung fu panda 2 !!!!!!
oh em gee. i love this movie so so much.
it was so cute and hilarious. totally my style right there.
especially the chubby baby panda scenes like i was gunna hyperventilate and go to heaven right there in the move theater seats.
go watch it.

i found out who i am.
i'm your son

man that scene when po and his goose dad are all hugging at the end really got me. teary eyes*.
at the same time i was like wsup Dad. i know i've strayed away for a long time but i finally realized who i am.
and now that i'm set in that identity.
my life can begin.

Comments