Day 82

woken up today by a text from cheeia.
she was able to get me a ticket for akaraka!
akaraka is this big deal event at yonsei
where students gather together and cheer
and all these celebs (Gna, 2NE1, etc) come and perform too
so all the tickets were sold out of course.
but cheeia is pretty awesome with her connections so she was able to get me one.

as i was getting ready to leave
i just got this impression that i shouldnt go.
i didnt really understand why, i kind of suspected the reason.
but i was just like okay i'm gunna listen.
so i called cheeia and told her i couldnt go even though i felt real bad about it since she got me a ticket.
but i just felt that i shouldnt go.

about 20min later chris called me and asked if i wanted his ticket.
and i said no i'm not going.
i hung up the call with chris and then i got the impression to get the ticket from chris.
except i'm out of minutes so i cant call him back. so i was like okay if chris calls me back i'll take that as a sign.
and so like 30 sec later chris calls back.
whoa very cool...

get chris's ticket and am skipping on my merry way to the stadium.
and realize that wait. i'm not gunna go and sit by myself lemme call them and ask where they are.
except my phone is useless...
so i ask these random people that i sorta know for a phone.
and this guy lets me use his phone.
i'm calling cheeia but she doesnt pick up.
and while i'm calling i overhear the guy and his friend talking about how they just need one more ticket and everyone in their group can go.
sigh....i think i know what i gotta do.
so i was like here you can have my ticket.
and then they were like no way...
and i was like yeah. my friend isn't picking up her phone anyways to you can have it.
and they were like call her again! this isn't an event you wanna miss.
so i called cheeia again and she didn't pick up.
i gave the guy his phone back and my ticket with a nice smile and walked away.
and he said wait! what is your name.
it's Rebekah.

My name is Rebekah So.
And i hope that it is a name that will not be forgotten.

instead of akaraka i went to korean class.
and there was me and only 4 other kids that showed up today.
so stone face let us out an hour early :)

went back to my room and finally skyped with my bff judy!
havent seen her face in 3 months cause this poopoo face girl has made no effort to contact me.
but sall good...i still love her.

then marie came by to scoop me up
we are going to New Philly Friday Fire night.
i will be blessed.

i was so excited to go. i dont think i've ever been so excited to go to church.
cause nowadays i just hunger so much for God.
He comes to those with broken hearts.
My heart really needs Him now. I really need His strength.

Pastor Marcus preached and it was real good.
convicted me to pray more for Korea.
that is why i am here. to bring restoration to this land.
and it starts with this campus Yonsei.
so tomorrow i am going to go on a prayer walk around Yonsei.
its gunna be awesome.
i had been attacked with so many distractions from the beginning of this trip.
cause the enemy knew what my purpose was here
but now i'm back and i will stomp the enemy! and shine light into darkness.
in the quietness after the destruction that lies from the week of festivities.
and God will hear my prayers for this campus.
He will raise a mighty army here at Yonsei.
and they will go out and shine light in this nation and restore it.
both North and South.

I am thinking about all this while P.Marcus is preaching.
and i'm all like yeah imma write this in my blog.
its amazing how i kept up with this blog.
my friends and family have just been encouraging me to write.
and have told me that they are just seeing a change in me.
makes me very happy :)

and then! wow God is so good.
After P. Marcus is done preaching. Pastor Christian calls all the people with the gifts of writing to receive prayer and be blessed.
so i go up too. since he specially mentioned blogs and creative writing.
and as people are praying for us.
i'm just like yes. God's favor is on me. and the things i write are going to have the power to change.
books. poems. songs. blogposts. anything!
it's gunna be inspiring and bring fame to His name.
reach out to Christians and non-Christians.
i also dont think its a coincidence that i signed up for psych and creative writing classes for the Fall semester.

and then i also got an interesting revelation.
hmm hmmm this is interesting if this actually happens.
which i must have faith that it will!
or else i'll just look like a fool..
God was telling me that I will meet a North Korean defector.
and i will write her story.
I will write her story in such a way that the readers will be able to feel all the pain that she went through.
but also the hope and the restoration in her life.
and her will and desire for the nation to be set free.
And her story will convict many hearts.
I will meet her soon.
oohhh this is very exciting..

i'm very thankful for this blog. and i also thank everyone who reads it.
its given me a lot of comfort to write. especially these past few days.
may you be blessed~
good night :D

Comments

Post a Comment