Day 88

i woke up randomly at 6:00am
and found a girl curled up on the floor next to my bed sleeping.
now this kind of thing would normally freak me out.
but i was really tired and prolly thought i was dreaming.
so i put my blanket over her and went back to sleep.

At 9:00am i was awoken by the girl leaving my room.
i said bye to her even though i did not know who she was.
i think she's my roomie's friend...
whatever man life is just full of surprises and weird events sometimes..

lately the way God's been moving in my life.
i've come to just accept anything that happens.

at 11:00am i went to go meet this korean Yonsei student MJ.
i met him through cheeia and i found out that he also plays guitar.
so i was like lets play!
he taught me some stuff with classical guitars.
hooo man!!! when i go back i'm def buying a classical guitar and getting lessons.
sounds so beautiful.

anyways after guitar lessons somehow MJ starts asking me about christianity.
now at this point i'm not even really surprised anymore that all my conversations are about God.
He's not fluent in English but we end up having a really deep conversation.
i learned that he has been really hurt by the church he used to attend and therefore stopped going because he felt ashamed and judged by them for his lifestyle.
man those stories make me really sad...

i've been realizing more and more how the enemy uses any lies to tear you away from the love of God.
even through the church.
but we must learn to block out these lies and cling onto the Truth.
that is God's love for us is unconditional. and once we realize that no one needs to force us or tell us what to do or how to act. we will seek Him ourselves.

MJ told me something very encouraging. basically what everyone else has said. that they now have many things to think about. and also that he listened and wanted to talk to me about christianity even though in the past he hated religious conversations because he saw that what i was saying was the truth. that it was something i believed in with my whole heart.

wow.....God has really really changed me.
the Truth is what you believe. and the more you believe in it the more you become.

He also told me something very interesting about the strong community tie of korean culture and the lack of individuality. this gives me something very specific to pray about in the revival of Yonsei and its key role in the restoration of this nation.

i came back to the dorms and just sat outside on this bench.
praising God for all that He has done and the restoration He will bring in MJ's life.
afterwards i decided to take out the list of clues from the treasure hunt to just look at them again.
on one of the lists one of my sisters Jisoo drew a picture of shoes and Rona pointed an arrow to it and wrote healing. when i first learned that the picture and words meant healing for someone's foot 2 days ago. the spirit in me actually jumped and i got real bouncy. now i understand why.

as soon as i pulled out this list. i kid you not. a guy came limping over to me and sat right next to me on the bench.
now i was holding this list. looking at the picture. looking at his shoes which looked exactly the shoes in the picture. down to the details of the laces. and i was like hooooo my gawdd. if this isn't a sign from God i dont know what is.
ok ok ok i know what i gotta do. so i tried to talk to this guy and ask him about his foot but i find out that he doesnt speak english

now he looks straight up chinese so i was like God!!! i cant speak chinese how am i supposed to do this.
while he's smoking his cig i'm sitting there praying. and God was telling me Rebekah chill. let me do all the work. let my spirit guide you. just trust in me.

i felt this peace over me and i opened my eyes and looked down to see a textbook besides him. a korean textbook. so i was like hmm if he can read a textbook in korean he must know korean.
so i started speaking to him in korean and asked him if he knew korean. and he was like umm yeah...i am korean.
oh...no way cause you look so chinese.
i just started to ask him about his foot and what happened. he said he broke it or something and at first he couldn't even walk for awhile but now he can with this special shoe that was designed for him.
now here's the funny thing. i completely suck at korean. but the whole time my lack of korean speaking skills did not hinder my conversation with him. in fact he said he was confused when i said i was from the US because my accent's so good.
for those of you who have ever heard me speak in korean. be amazed right now by God.
eventually i showed him the list and told him why i keep creepin on him like this. we both examined the picture and then his shoes and then at the whole situation and we were like yeahhh this cant be just a coincidence.
i asked him if he believed that there was a God who loved Him. and he was like uh....i'm not really sure. like he went to church sometimes but that was about it.
yeahh....his attitude is about to change real soon...
I asked him if  i could pray for his leg/foot. and he was like sure. so i just prayed for healing over his injury. and even though he did not understand what i was saying because i was praying in English. I think he was moved by the compassion the spirit had for Him. I have never met him before yet i prayed so earnestly for him to be healed from his injury.

After i was done praying. i told him that he must have faith that God has healed him.
and that God is not a God that restores partially but one who fully heals and fully restores.
I did not get to see him walk away that day. but i know that when he got up from that bench there was something different that he could not explain.
i left him on the bench and walked away so he could think i was like a totally mysterious angel type deal and I put my trust in God that He would take care of him.

His name is Jong-eun i believe. i had to ask him like 10 times cause i kept forgetting.
but i prayed to God afterwards that I would see Jong-eun again.
and that the next time i saw him. he would not be limping.

these two encounters today showed me that God is going to use me to heal people in two ways.
emotional restoration (deliverance from all the shame/ lies) . and physical restoration (to make His creations whole and heal them from pain).

so of course the rest of my day was pretty awesome.
erick and i had alot to share with each other during our classes.
man God is just moving in his life as well.
we got ESPN yo!
cause i was talking to erick and thinking about God i wasnt really paying attention to the NK documentary we were watching.
but yeah i caught a few things and realized that we have alot more to learn about NK and its people if we wanna fight for reunification. in all things we must keep an open mind and not rest until we find the truth.

went to familia after korean and man i love my sisters so much.
we are all so cute and encouraging to each other.

after familia. had game night with the jeju crew!!
ahhh i love it. we are so adorable.
ordering mcdonalds and playing taboo like a family on a thurs night.
it was a lot of fun. my team the snorlax team (me, chris, chad, gina) crushed epic fail team ( emma, cheeia, hongsuk, and jay (who was not there).
my taboo team always wins!!!!! >:]
we have a rematch next week. maybe they'll do better with jay.
i miss you my buddy. its great that your super mysterious and all but we wanna see your smiling face. thanks for the socks. me, cheeia, emma, and gina got to prance around in them and take pictures of the socks camel toes from wearing socks with flip flops.
yeahh...it was real cute.

God is good.
All the time.
:D

Comments