Day 111

i had four dinners today.
75% of the time i ate
and the other 25% i watched people eat.

dinner 1 with cheeia and josh
dinner 2 with jimi
dessert intermission
dinner 3 with cheeia, chad, and chris
dinner 4 with jay

literally i was surrounded by food from 4:00pm until 11:30pm.
what a busy life i have...

my food belly is quite impressive.

got back to my dorm around 12:10 ish.
let me work on my paper.
but first i will lie down on my bed and stare at the ceiling for about 10 min.
roomie walks in. oh hello!
what are you doing?
not doing my paper.

roomie leaves to study at the library all night.
this gives me motivation to start my paper.
get on the yonsei portal thing to finally check my professor's feedback for my rough draft.
and then i find out that i was supposed to turn in my final online 30 min ago!
ack!!

i've been learning that life is all about perspective.
now in this situation i can either freak out or remain calm.
i think i'll go with the second option.
ladidadida. chilled around for about 30 more min doing nothing.
okay let's do this. i have to write 600 more words and do all the citations.
checked the comments on my rough draft. all it said was
"very good paper, very good research question"
oooooh what a pleasant surprise :D
my professors at umbc usually write like a bajillion comments of things to fix.

so before i wrote my paper. i sat there and was like hmmmmm.
what is the point of me writing this paper. to just get it over with. or can i really learn something valuable from it.
and what can i teach my professor through writing this paper.
this gives me motivation to write papers.

i finished my paper in less than an hour.
this is how it went.
added 200 words to the actual content of the paper and the conclusion.
and then the next 400 words i wrote a nice note to my professor about what i learned and stuff.
ended it all with this.
It is the teachers that make a difference in this world; they are the ones who can motivate the students’ wills, create new perspectives in their minds, and change their hearts.

i hope it makes him tear up and give me a super A++
especially since i've only went to that class like 3 times this whole semester and done only 1 out of the 10? assignments...
eh hehehe...^^" i think i'm pushing it...but i really do learn even when i'm not paying attention if that makes sense.
even the littlest things that i learn i try to expand it into something greater and make it valuable.

and i think that's what my professor really wanted for us.
not to stress out about cramming our minds with information
or doing assignments because we have to.
but learning something valuable from his class.
no matter how small it seems.

for me when i learned about North Korean Politics and Society, I learned about trust.
Perhaps in some way this nation seeks trust from the other nations that have turned their backs on it and ridiculed it. Perhaps once the other nations show this nation more trust, eventually this nation will slowly begin to trust the other nations. Perhaps the key to peace and friendship between nations, between societies, between people is trust.

~i hope with everyone else in their studying for finals/ paper writing and in their studies in general. that they may not stress about grades but find joy in learning.

Comments