Pre-departure

The day has finally arrived. Less 24 hours before I am on a plane to the West Coast, I realize that my sister took my big suitcase to her internship in Michigan.

no, No, NOO, NOOOO, NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I am left to use this real dusty and moldy one (literally, I think this is the suitcase my mom brought when she immigrated from korea like 30 years ago). I put those laundry dry sheets inside to make it smell better.



Let the pre-departure preparations for GLDI begin.

What is GLDI? It is basically a 40day leadership bootcamp in Southern California. I will be staying at Vanguard University for the most part I believe.

Here is what my daily schedule will look like.


yes waking up at 6:15. (laugh laugh- the kind of laughing where your mouth is laughing but your eyes aren't laughing).  breakfast: I usually eat it once a year. EXERCISE: hahahahaahahahahahahahaahaa....

This is what it said in my preparation email that I received.
Get into a healthy mode now, which will help you adjust quickly to the intense pace of GLDI without getting sick.

I already know this 40 day blog is going to be so ridiculous because I haven't ran a mile since gym in 9th grade. That was 7 years ago....

One of the activities we will be participating at the outdoor camp is a high ropes course. This involves climbing a tree (Hunger Games?? o.O), walking across a tight rope and zip-lining.

Fun fact: I'm deathly afraid of heights.
Why would I spent the most important summer before my Senior year in college (when I should be studying for GRE's, working, interning, or doing some sort of impressive thing) to go off to California straight into my worst physical nightmare?

I'm not sure. But I am sure that this is the place that God has called me to. And the last time God called me to a place (120 days: Korea) it was awesome!! so I don't know what to expect but I'm excited.

I hope during these next 40 days. I will be spiritually, emotionally, and PHYSICALLY whole. Learn to break off fears and laziness. get some kind of idea of what I'm going to do after I graduate from school. and learn what it means to be a true leader in this world.

Let the 40 day adventure begin. 

Comments