Day 5

Wednesday, June 27th 2012

Wake up at 5:30am ughhhh sleep for 10 more min. 5:40. now I seriously have to get up.
it's freezing outside. Cali is a strange place. it's so nice and sunny during the day but at nights and mornings it's super cold.

Our trainer Daniel Bay makes us run around campus. I start off in the very front and then oh no everyone is running past me. now I'm last.

no worries. I sing the Mulan song. let's get down to business. by the end of this trip I made a commitment to be running up in the front. that is a true miracle.

we do all these core exercises and then we get to the plank. it's super hard. you get into to push up position and stay up on your forearms. I ask Daniel Bay if there is a modified plank for the girls. nope. we must suffer. hold hold hold. i end up plopping on my stomach after 15 sec.

after exercise. we shower. eat breakfast. do our devotionals. and then it's lecture time!
we have almost 6 hours of lecture through out the day o.O and guess where my assigned seating is. in the very very front row.
oh Lord have mercy on me.

summary of my life: I cannot pay attention for even 15min during normal lecture at school. which is why I either don't go or sit in the back and play phone games.

These lectures are interesting but at some points I am literally having an epic battle with my eyelids. getting heavy. heavier. close. rapid flutter! open wide! getting heavy heavy again. repeat. intense doodling.

my intense doodling


but the thing I like about myself. is that even when I'm sleepy, I get something out of listening.
we learned about sin and how this world is not the way it's supposed to be. God made everything good but because of our sin, we ruined the order of goodness.

sin is when you try to find your identity in something or someone apart from God. which leads to fear, doubt, insecurities, anger, violence, sexual abuse, and ultimately death. but once we find our identity as God's children, we are free! free to be who we were created to be, including the pressures of performance and trying to win the approval of others.

I think more than the good works that you can do, God is more interested in how you were able to love. Rev. Paul Jeon warns us that as leaders we should not idolize leaving behind a legacy. AMEN.

During break time my friend Wuen teaches me how to play the ukulele! it's so fun and easy. and i want one so badly. so guess what. I go on Amazon.com and I order one to be sent here to camp. mmm....yes so spontaneous at times.

and then I remember that Grace prayed for me that I would be able to worship in my quiet time. and now I can with my ukulele. yayy :)

speaking of worship. At the evening service Rev. Jae Park preaches about worship as our number one priority. we are made for worship. first of all I would just like to say that this preacher is the most funniest/odd preacher I have ever encountered in my life. and trust me I've heard hundreds (maybe even thousands) of sermons. He is crayyy crayyy. in a good way.

I don't know what tomorrow brings. but I know that tomorrow I will worship the LORD my God. and the next day and the next day and the next day. If someone asks me what I am going to do with my life. I will say, I shall worship the LORD.

And as time goes by. I have a feeling that worshiping is one of the few things in life that truly matter.

Goodnight.

Comments