Day 4

Tuesday, June 26th 2012

Yesterday I prayed for my cute and chubby friend Grace to have an encounter with God. And she got one last night before we went to sleep. except probably not in the way she expected it.

She had this massive headache. and I remember how a few days before I came to GLDI, I got really sick- my whole body felt really numb and weak and I had a huge headache. and though I cried out to God and claimed victory, He did not heal me at that moment. during that whole day I was in so much agony but I knew that I had to learn to love God for who He is and not for what He can do for me. To cling onto the truth and not get discouraged. to praise Him despite my circumstances.

the next day I woke up completely healed. and now I don't have to worry about getting sick at GLDI because once I get sick I usually never get sick again for the rest of the year. Hallelujah.

But anyways I was sharing this with Grace. I told her that He would heal her in the morning but she needed to get through this now. and so she started praising God with a weak voice. it was really hard to hear her in so much pain though.

about to fall asleep, when I heard her whimpering and asking me to please pray for her. I had compassion for her, so I got out of my sleeping bag and put my hand on her forehead. I was going to pray something like "God let Grace know that Your grace is enough for her" but, as I continued, my prayer changed to "God, please let her remember what you have done at this moment forever" I felt my hands tingling. and when I stopped praying. Grace was in shock because all the pain was gone!

Later that night it came back though. I told her that there is probably some deeper issue that God is trying to work on, but it'll be better in the morning. and sure enough in the morning her headache was completely gone.

God has the power to do anything. but He has His reasons and timing for everything. we have to learn to trust Him completely.

We pack everything up and now we're headed back to the campus (Vanguard University). Get there and eat lunch. I know in my Korea blog I talked so much about food. but this one I won't. but brief mention. I was so happpyy, so much food :) mmm...all the eating I do shall balance out the exercise.

After dinner, Rev. Stephen Chong finishes his preaching on the story of the prodigal son from the perspective of the older brother. message is so good. about how we need to love God for who He is, not for what He can do for us. oh snappp. Holy Spirit be speaking to errbody. He also talks about having persevering faith and about being faithful to God will the little things He has placed in your life. AMEN.

During family time after the message. instead of sharing and talking. we simply pray during the whole time. I love praying.  I think sometimes we just need to pray more. prayer is action.

Gotta wake up nice and early at 5:30am tomorrow for morning exercise TT.TT

Goodnight.




Comments