8th Grade Testimony

Monday, May 16, 2005




Testimony


Hi my name is Rebekah So I’m in 8th grade and I’ve been coming to gmc for almost 10 yrs now. I guess I was really lucky to be born into a Christian family and known about Jesus Christ since I was in first grade.

I guess when your little it’s sorta easier to be a Christian because you don’t really have any worries or problems or doubts yet. When I was little I guess I knew who God was and what he’d done for me but I didn’t really care about that kind of stuff all I really cared about was like nap time and digging for worms stuff like that But as I got older I realized that I really need God in my life.

4 yrs ago before I moved I had pretty much a reeli good life. I had a good family, good home, lots of friends, and I was like this reeli happy kid. But I took all that stuff for granted and never reeli thanked God for the great life I was living and it wasn’t until I moved that I realized that I started to have a lot of problems but I kept it all to myself. I mean most people think that rebekah so has no problems im usually always happy all the time. imean how often do you see me acting sad or being a drama queen. See I used to live in pg county and I went to school like 5 min away from dc and stuff so  basically all the people I lived around nd went to school with were all black. Then 4 yrs ago my parents moved me all the way out to western Howard County and we lived in my cousin’s house and it was the total opposite. my school that I had to go to was like 100% white there were like farm animals everywhere. So I was like whoa. I was definently not used to anything like this so I had a lot of trouble making friends and fitting in. I felt like I had nothing in common wif these kids cuss like half of my school was preps and the other half was hill billys and it was like probably there first time in their life ever seeing an asian kid so they were like studying like a bug. Oohh look at the way she eats ooh look at the way she talks. So I got really sick of them and I didn even  try to be their friends. During recess and stuff when everybody would be outside playing and having fun but then I would be the only one walkin around the blacktop alone. And I felt really lonely and I was like God why did you have to move me out here in this stupid farm area to this stupid hill billy school why couldn I juss stayed where I was and been happy? I guess maybe if I prayed to God He would listen and help me.

So I prayed to God every nite to give me friends that were nice and he answered my prayer near the end of 5th grade I was invited to this pool party and I got to make a whole bunch of friends and I guess things were starting to look up a little bit… but then the summer between 5th grade to 6th grade my mom started working. So the whole summer I was stuck home all day and I had to take care of my annoying little sisters and cousin. The onli thing that kept me from suffocating was goin to church every Sunday. So I was like God right when things were starting to get better why is more bad stuff gunna happen? Once I got into middle school kids got meaner and sometimes made fun of me but I just ignored it cuss I wanted to be a good kid but it was really hard sometimes. I prayed and prayed and God changed my heart. I started to actually try making friends and try to enjoy my life and I started my make a lot of friends and have fun at school. God answered my prayers and I felt so thankful but then things at home started to go bad. My uncle got remarried and now my step aunt was goin to move in with us. I could tell my step aunt really didn’t like that fact the my family was living with them. Since myy parents were never home and she was always there she would yell at me all the time but I couldn’t do anything about it or it would upset my uncle. My step aunt hated my guts and it got so bad that I couldn’t even go downstairs when she was there. This lasted for 2 yrs and I really couldn’t take it anymore I prayed and prayed even harder and God answered my prayers again. Finally we moved out and I thought my problems would get better but then it got worse. Of course I was finally glad that I was away from my step aunt but then we had to move further out into the country. I was practically isolated away from everyone and my dad wouldn’t let me do anything, go anywhere. my whole life was to take care of my sisters and to eat and sleep. My friends at school starting treating me would no respect and taking advantage of me.Family is suppose to be your most important priority but i was sick of my family my mom was never around, I was constantly fighting with my sisters and dad all the time and taking all my fusration out on them. I would runaway with bad friends and cause my dad to worry and yell at me. My best friend didn’t evn know what was goin on with me and she become mad at me too. I’m like a very undramatic and reserved person so I didn’t tell anybody about my problems with my family, with my school, with my friends, and life at home, so my biggest problem was that I kept all these feelings to myself and thought bleh who cares its no big deal. But i didnt know at that time was hurting me inside.I didn’t even tell anything to my best friend. I covered up my pain and pretented I was happy and everything was juss excellent all the time…which led me to make bad decisions and doing things I regret. . I felt like nobody cared nobody understood my pain and I literally wanted to jump of a cliff…but God knew God saved my  life.


When you’re a teen. life is really hard. Its like a big stress bubble. You have all these problems to deal with and sometimes its seems like it just gets worser and worser. Sometimes you don’t know what to do and you make wrong decisions. But you need to let ur feelings out don’t try to keep it to yourself like I did.. You need to talk to some reliable friends and most importantly you need to let God help you. I don’t know where I would be rite now without God. I realized that God made everything happen for a reason even the bad things. If I had never moved and stayed where I was sure I would have been happy but then I wouldn’t have gotten closer to God and the schools that I would have gone to were really bad and I probably would have dropped out of high school nd never evn considered college. God helped me understand why my parents moved me. Becuss they cared about my future. The huge fight between my dad and I had led me and him to talk and know im allowed to do more things on the weekend so I wont have to lie and sneak off anymore. God made me so much wiser and He helped me to cope with my problems by reading the bible and praying. I’m sure everyone one of you has problems and instead of complaining about it try to really talk to God and ask him to help you. If the world was problem free then there would be no purpose of life. It’s the difficult times that help you grow and get closer to God because that’s when you need him the most. It’s the times when you feel like ur gunna cry that God is so real and He is ready to wipe your tears away. I know I still have a lot of bad things to deal with but now its easier because I have God in my life to help me along the way. God is trying to help you too but you need to open up ur heart nd let God into you life…then maybe God can change ur heart too.

Comments