Letter to you

Dear Father,

I know its been awhile since I've written. I hope you didn't miss me too much. Lately I guess I feel like I haven't been spending as much with you as I used to. I remember when sometimes I would spend like 5 hours reading and talking but now it's a quick read and prayer every morning and night. I realized today that you look for consistency more than anything else. I hope that I can be faithful to you until the end.

Things are not what they appear to be. I learned this when I went to Korea. My whole life has been a lie I guess. Live for yourself. I've been so absorbed in my own life that I created you to be something that you were never meant to be. You were never meant to be an accessory in my life. You never existed solely to make my life better. Someone to pray to in order for me to do well on my test or get into a good school in order to for me to continue my race to success. No you are far greater than that. You are who you say you are and I should be the one worshiping you.

Forgive us Lord. We've forgotten the true meaning of many things. We've forgotten why we live. And for that I guess we are dying. May you continue to give me spiritual food so that I may be close to you. So that I may live a true life.

Thank you that you love me. And for that I want to love you. Help me to love you Lord. I want to love you. Sometimes you are so far away it seems like I cannot. I cannot see your beauty or hear your voice. The enemy is out to confuse me and distract me with so many things. But I know that you promised us that nothing can separate us from your love. Protect us and lead us back to you.

I don't want to forget. I want to remember. I want the moments to last forever, continue. Everything is so temporary except love. If love does not last forever than what does? Today I was looking at the fake flower. The real one dies. But the fake one tries to preserve itself. But it's fake. I pray that we may be real, but that we may have a continual flow of air, sun, water, and dirt. May all things continue, may good things last. May your love last forever.

I'm not really interested in school, or my future job, or material things. Those things to get at me once in awhile but I know it's not as great as it seems. I was never happy with routine and mundane things. I like things to be simple but never boring. Lord I want to make an impact in people's lives. I want to fill the whole earth with your glory. And to show people that you are real. Do not hide from me Oh Lord. Do not let them call me stupid or crazy. But show yourself to us so that we may believe that you are who you say you are.
I know you're real. If you aren't real then what is? If you don't love us then who does? Nothing is absolute, nothing is dependable, everything will go to waste. No matter how much even our own parents say that they love us, they can't always be there for us. Only you can.

I don't want to pretend. Pretend that life is so normal and this is all there is to it. To have shallow conversations and care about superficial things that don't matter. I want to live. To be free. To fly above this world. Our whole lives we live under a rock and have yet to experience the things out there. May we look only to you. Call out your name. Rescue us Lord save us from being devoured by darkness. Lead us to the light. Cleanse our hearts so that we may be with you. Put yourself in our minds that we may think always of you.

Love. help me to love and to love love.
May I be only satisfied with true love.

Love,
Rebekah

Comments