Day 6: God always keeps His promises

Saturday January 5th 2013

we get to wake up a little later today.
never thought I would be thankful to wake up at 6:30 am.

today we go up to the mountains to do VBS!

before we leave the mountain. I see Natake sweeping the floor. He's one of the older kids here and P.Josh tells me that he has body pains? so I should pray for him.

I awkwardly approach him and ask him if I could pray for him and he lets me.

here's the thing though. this morning for some reason I had this crucial back pain (I usually don't have any problems with back pain). and after I finish praying for Natake, I realize that the severe back pain that I had earlier disappeared!

I am so shocked and touched that I start crying and I'm like Natake!! pointing to my back and waving my arms around. he's probably like whhhhat? is wrong with this girl....
but yeah...God is good :D He really does work in ways we don't understand....

I used to pray for healing alot but overtime I kinda got discouraged by failures so I stopped.
but I hope God teaches me His ways and rebuilds my trust in His healing power and will.

I need to spend more time in His presence. then I'll know what to do..
I hope that I'll be able to balance spending some alone time with God and time with others.

Last night one of the sisters asked me what it means to spend time "in His presence"
it's kind of hard to explain but there's something about it.
like it's more than reading the bible and even praying.
I pray for her before I go to sleep and for us all that we would spend time in His presence daily.
it requires seeking and discipline but it'll truly change your life.


on the ride to the mountain village the view is amazing. I get to see a water buffalo? Ox?
the ride in the truck is so bumpy like a jurassic park ride. so fun...

we get there and we try to get to know the kids.
the boys I think don't like the girls because every time I try to talk to them they scream and run away..

mehehehehee....hey kids.....ahhhhhh!!....run away
creeper status lvl 99

in the mountain village there are all sorts of farm animals and I get to pet a baby pig!!
so cute I'm gunnna diiiieeeeeeeeee!
I'm going to pick you up baby pig :)
SQUEEEEAAALLLLL!!
all of them run away.......mah b......

we play games afterwards like capture the flag.
of course my team would never win. athletics is not my forte...

which is why I feel bad for the girl who got stuck with me for the water balloon tossing game....
ope! one toss. splatter. game over. no chance.

after dinner we have worship and our team has to present a skit.
it's supposed to be a serious skit but somehow it turns out to be funny.
they choose me to narrate the skit and I am like the most awkward narrator ever....

P.Josh then shares his testimony. it's pretty powerful. the missionary's wife, Junia, was crying as she was translating.
it's amazing how God can transform someone's life like that.

when we walk out of the service. we all gasp one by one because of the stars.

this is what I've been looking forward to the whole day.
the whole sky was filled with stars.
I have never ever seen anything so beautiful my whole life!
yes....I use the word whole alot.
my life is whole now because I have lived to see this :)

apparently two shooting starts went by but i missed it!!!

we lie on the grass and literally stare at the stars for half an hour.
I understand now why God promised Abraham that He would make his descendants as numerous as the stars...

And God always keeps His promises.

red clay mountain village

i manage to catch two

they look so cute until red baby punches me the stomach and beats me with his popsicle stick sword 

my abstract painting during arts & crafts time

baby pigs! before I try to pick one up

my masterpiece photo of a water buffalo/ ox? 

Comments