Day 3: Trusting God

Wednesday January 2nd 2013

Rise and shine to the sounds of mopeds.
we are to wake up at 9am but because of the jet lag i am awake at 7am!
wow.....this a first. waking up two hours before the designated time...

Before breakfast. I explore around our very cool natury "hotel"
and i find a rooftop garden!! (on the fourth floor -.-)
stairs....you are my enemy. but it's so worth it

afterwards we go to the mall to buy our VBS and teaching materials.
my teaching partner (Anthony) and I actually have to teach English 2 hours each day at a legit school and we still have no idea what we are doing....
mmmmmm.....what a fantastic team. please pray for a extra creativity!

at the mall they also have those scales. Ponteep gave me 1 Baht (Thai currency) to use the machine. and it was the most depressing thing of my life!!! I gained 4 kgs since GLDI and I am 6 kgs from my goal weight.

i was so exhausted the whole day. but now i have renewed energy!! I was speed walking like a suburban mom around the parking lot.

the bus ride to the Jasper Kids center takes about 1 1/2 hours. and I kid you not. we sang the whole way. mostly old school songs and disney classics. and we had a guitar so I made a very sad song about my weight gain which will turn into a weight loss victory.


the chorus goes like this

Em Aaaaadiiiiooooosssss
G   Aaaaaaadiooooossss
D   Adios to the 6 kg
A  Adios to the 6 kg

ahh good times...

we get to the center and the place is too legit to quit! so beautiful. it almost feels like a resort
the missionary (Jay Jay) shares with us the testimony of this place and it's mind blowing. they started off with no money but God was always faithful and provided. thousands and thousands of dollars pouring in. people selling their houses to donate money to this center out of nowhere. (always usually at the last min)

I've been noticing that lately. God seems to hold out until the last min. puahaha maybe that's where I get my procrastination from. jkjkjk.... but yeah. I think it's to build up the pressure so we really trust in Him.

especially with finances. this world runs on money but as believers we are called to love God and completely turn away from money. to trust that He will provide all our needs so that we can focus freely on His kingdom.

i hope to never worry about money or chase after it. or let lack of money determine my decisions and visions.

then we went around and shared our goals for this trip. some of us got real emotional. I almost cried too but I fought it. I realize that everyone needs some kind of healing and direction for their life. I hope that we can really understand how good and loving God is. I think if we are touched by God, we can love Him too. and long to be in His presence. then everything else will be okay.

afterwards they fed us like kings and queens. Thai food is soooo good! and they eat chicken all the time

the missionary also told us that they were raising a pig to kill and give to us on the last day for our farewell meal. i was like ohh mmyyyyy.. okay i guess I'm okay with that as long as I don't see the pig....

walking around later and I see this pig! and she is soooo cute and chubby. and I was like NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! TT.TT please we cannot eat this pig. so I prayed real hard about it.

later Esther tells me that we are not going to eat my cute pig but another one. whewwww I hope nobody eats that pig. her name is Wilma now.

wow...I can't believe God answers silly prayers even like that one. I hope throughout this trip we all learn how real God is and be able trust in Him completely.

goodnight!

suitcase is already stuffed

Grace and me on the rooftop garden

where we ate breakfast!

my pig Wilma


Jasper kids center

Comments

  1. hahaha "my pig wilma" miss you Rebekah!!
    hope all is well!! cant wait to hear about your adventures when school starts!!! =D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment