Day 5: Suffering Builds Character

Friday January 4th 2013

Next morning wake up still feeling sore throaty and congested.
On my way to morning devo and I have this major cough attack!
End up throwing up on a plant.

poor plant............
WHHYYYYYYYYYY

At breakfast. I try to eat but I can't and I'm so tired that tears start falling down my face and then....
coughing attack begins.
run outside and my stomach is try to throw up my inside organs cause there's no food left to throw up.
the worst kind of throwing up!
I have a pretty dramatic performance on the wet grass...

I have no idea what is wrong with me. Nurse Grace thinks it's a sinus infection. could be my allergies...idk..

P.Josh, Grace, and Lisa pray for me and I am much more energized. I am still congested and sore throaty but overall I feel much better!

then they go back to finish their breakfast but I stay outside cause I don't think I can handle the smell of food.
one of the kids David comes over and just sits quietly next to me. it seems as though he is trying to comfort me even though we can't speak the same language.

his older brother Jonathan comes over as well. and I teach them how to play ABCD.
mwahahahaa no mercy!

even though Jonathan is older than David, he is so much smaller. I learned from Grace that while they were growing up they were so poor that Jonathan gave his food to David and therefore David is healthy now but Jonathan's growth has been stunted.

wow.......that is some true brotherly love right there...

their background is really rough too. their dad committed suicide because he was caught stealing since they were so poor. and their mom is mentally ill.

that's how they ended up here at the Jasper Kids center...

while we play ABCD. they are smiling and laughing so much now. it's hard to believe they had such a rough past.

I have no reason to complain about being sick or tired because I have so much to be thankful for.
Fighting!!!

I do the construction work for the whole time today and we finish building the wall around the library.
aja aja!

while we do the construction work, I also get to hang out more with the other girls here and get to know them.
Thai people all have nicknames. Rebekah is so hard for them to stay so they say that they will call me "Nok" which means bird.

aha it's better than "guy" which means chicken.

btw...Thai fried chicken...so good!

stay strong. stay positive.
suffering builds character.


Jonathan and David



her nickname is "Gop" which means frog :)

Comments