Day 2: we are still on the plane/ arrival

Tuesday January 1st 2013


I feel like we've been on the plane forever. 14 hours later we arrive in Korea and we have another 6 hour plane ride to Thailand.

man.......Incheon airport brought back so many memories. only in Korea would they have a Hello Kitty cafe at the airport....as soon as I saw this I was like I am officially in Korea.


went upstairs and found the same Haggen Daz (butchered the spelling) ice cream place that I got ice cream from 2 years ago. and then ate KFC. fried chicken in Korea. of course! nomnomnom


Victor with my tiny Ukulele haha

on the plane ride to Thailand I happen to sit next the oldest member of our team. considered to be the hip dad. we were talking about mission trips and all that. then the conversation led to his testimony. even though he grew up as a Christian, he didn't really start to seek God until about a year ago.

yeah that radical faith....he told me about his friend who gave up everything and took his family so he could attend DTS.  I asked him if he could ever do something like that. and he was like nahhhh probably not.

oh ho hohooo.....but here's the crazy thing. I've kinda been slacking alot these days with praying for others. but before I left I was like I MUST! pray at least for my team members. and not just the lifting up my whole team. or even listing their names prayer. but that deep individual spending at least 5 min on each person kind of prayer.

when I got to praying for him. I was taken back a little. because I just got a sense that there were going to be some changes in his business and his life. idk....could either be as little as him making small changes in his business to impact the kingdom or as big as selling everything and going somewhere. I was overwhelmed for him. but at the same time God is faithful...

hehe...I didn't tell him this because I didn't want to freak him out on the plane ride to his first mission trip. but yeah.....please pray for him that he would be able to surrender everything and trust God.

he owns a cellphone stores and he was telling me about the risks of business because everything is changing. for example: it may be difficult at first but who knows but after he sells the stores, it'll go down or something and God would have saved him from tremendous losses. something like that

we'll see what happens....please pray for him and for the direction of the other team members as well. that we would be able to surrender our lives to God and trust Him. even when He asks us to do things that make absolutely no sense at the time.

when we get to Thailand finally! I am so jetlagged that I accidentally go to the men's bathroom.
wait a min........why are there urinals here???
man walks in. surprised.....AHHH!!!
i am so embarrassed....TT.TT



we drive to our hotel. and for the first 5 min I was freaking out about how people in Thai drive the way British people do! the wheel is on the opposite side and they drive on the left side of the road.

when we get to our hotel. I freak out even more (in a good way) because it's super cool. like a rainforest hotel. so beautiful and amazon like. except the showers only have cold water.....







i can't take the cold. I was shrieking so much in the shower that this Australian lady next door came over and told us to quiet down. oh so sorry ^_^"


my hotel roomie Grace is the youngest of our group. she's so funnayyy but she's also quite homesick. so please pray that she will have a great time here. she also wants God to encounter her on this trip cause she has never really had one before. so please pray that God will encounter her in a mighty way.

goodnight :)

Comments