The story of the dog and his master

One day a dog fell in a dried up well. The dog thought, "OH NO! I need to call my master to help me!" So he made noises for his master to hear. The master heard, and he came. To save his dog, the master decided to add more dirt into the well so that the dog can stand on a higher ground and more come out more easily.

However from the dog's perspective, it didn't look right. He thought, "What is my master doing!? :'( He's trying to kill me by burying me?!" So the dog continued to bark and try to speak to his master, but his master seemed to add dirt to the well even faster.

The dog was disappointed, but he decided to stay strong. Whenever dirt fell on him, he shook it off. Some time later, there was enough dirt added to the well for the dog to jump out of it. When he came out of the well, the dog wanted to ask his master, "Why did you try to kill me?" but he realized he was foolish when he was greeted by his OVERJOYED master, who had been working so hard to save him.

I LOVE this story. Sometimes I think we can feel this way. When troubles come our way, we might think, "What is GOD doing???" BUT, we need to "shake it off" and stay strong!!! =]

Comments