In a dream

You told me to build an ark
I said how LORD?
You gave me instructions to build an ark
I said I would need supplies to build the ark
And I would need more people
You gave me people to build an ark
But I fought with them and left

Then I was lonely and asked you to help me
You told me to surrender my life
And I said that I would
You brought back people in my life
And we began to build the ark

But every time we tried
Some would argue about how to build it
Some would take the provisions
and keep them for themselves

You told us to build an ark to save us
Yet we disobeyed
When the flood comes only the faithful remain

But you promised us that you would not destroy us
And so you sent your son to teach us how to build this ark
But we took your son and killed him
We wanted to do things our own way

Yet death could not hold him down
He destroyed their arks and built One that would last forever

Where is that ark now?
Hovering over us.
How will we find it?
We must die to ourselves
Admit that there is no one who is good but You, God
Step into the center of Your will
Fight with faithfulness and love

The ark has already been built for us
We must choose to believe
And when the time comes
As fast, strong, and powerful as a whirlwind
Those arks will come crashing down
And then we will be able to eat with the LORD.


Comments