Found my old handwritten journal and wanted to share some posts 


Dear Father,

In life people come and go. things change. Somedays you see the same people everyday only for them to leave your life. You may never see them again. Your best friend you've known you're whole life may feel like a distant person to you while on the other hand the person you've only known for two weeks feels like your best friend. 

I guess in life there are seasons for everything. People come and go and things change. At the end of the day you're never the same person. Somedays I wish that you can pick and choose the people you want and be with them forever in paradise. Perhaps that's what heaven will be like. 

I suppose at times it's hard to love when you know that everything is so temporary. It's easier I guess to not get as attached so that when it's time to move on, it doesn't hurt as much. But with that you'll never really experience the joys in life.

Even my own family, who I believe will probably be the only people left at the end of it all will one day be like a faded memory. 

In that I suppose we are truly hubmled. We came into this world, only knowing you, and we'll leave the same way. You are the only one who'll be with us throughout our entire lives. 


At the end of it all, I hope I can say that you Oh LORD are my best friend. 


Rebekah  

Comments