Thailand Pre-Departure

wow.....I have so much to say about this trip. it's gunna be hard to condense it down to a readable level. but here I go!!!

Around this time last year I was having discipleship with Lisa Kwak and she was telling me about her mission trip to Thailand. I don't know if it was the Thai tea that she gave me or my desire to ride elephants, but when she told me that our church was considering to send a team to Thailand in the winter, I was like I WILL GO!

Sometimes there are moments in my life when I know I have to do something. Those times are rare because most of the time I'm pretty indecisive or I don't care and go with the flow. but sometimes I just know.

And I knew that I was going to Thailand.

By the grace of God a team was eventually set up - with an amazing team leader! Grace Yoo (please pray for increased patience, wisdom, anointing, and love over her) and I had an opportunity for sure to go.

Then came of course the obvious obstacle of finances. The trip cost $2,064 and when I decided to go, I had about $100? heh heh ^_^"

I am senior now in college, about to graduate and enter the "real world" so the thought of money has somewhat been stressing me. I joke around with my parents that I will live under their roof forever.
"You know why they call us the boomerang generation?" I asked my dad.
"why?"
"because you'll throw us out, but we'll always return :D HAHAHAHAHA"

he didn't find it very funny.....

That was when I realized that I really had to trust in God. the idea that "He will always provide for me" no longer could be something that I told others to do or believed vaguely in my mind as a backup plan. I had to believe it and claim it as the truth. cause now life actually depended on it.

My very supporting asian mother scoffed at this truth. How is this invisible being supposed to provide for my very tangible needs. Even though it was out of her love for me, her words of care (nagging) began to test my faith in this truth that God will provide for all my needs. I began to wonder how? Was money just going to fall out of the sky?

I think if God really wanted to. He could make it rain money. However, He chose to touch my heart with the generous support of my family in Christ. I was also able to gain more students at my tutoring job. And even though my dad said that he wasn't going to give me any more money, somehow God always placed on his heart to deposit money into my account for my living expenses.

Still. less than week before the payment deadline, I was short $958 of the $2,064.  I already told my parents with confidence that I was going to show them that God will take care of it, so it's not like I could come to them tail between my legs asking them to cover the rest. I had to stay firm and continue to trust in Him.

A couple days ago I got an email from our team leader.

Hey guys,

This only applies to those of you who have balance due. 


Eli and I discussed it and decided that it is best for you to pay the balance AFTER the trip. You may receive more donations and support while we are on the missions field. 


Any questions, let me know. Thanks!


Love,

Grace



YAYY ^__^
so if after reading the testimonies from this trip. if you feel led to donate there is information to do here.
http://rebeso1.blogspot.com/2012/10/paypal-safer-easier-way-to-pay-online.html

God is so good. If you accept His son Jesus Christ who restores our relationship with Him.
He is not out to get you, but He is for you.

About two weeks ago at our team meeting, we went around and shared how we were doing spiritually and what our prayer requests were. As I heard the stories of my team members, I began to see that so much was at stake for this trip: restoration for families, spiritual renewal , financial breakthrough, future callings, academics.

For me personally, I want to set aside all fear and hindrances. To once again hear and obey the voice of the Holy Spirit. For the Holy Spirit to lead my life as it did before (in a greater way!). To move on from past mistakes and not push everything off into the future, but recognize the opportunity for God to use me in a mighty way now.  I also want to this trip to revive my hunger to spend more time in prayer and in the presence of God.

As we are in Thailand from December 31st to January 14th. please partner with us in prayer for:
-team unity and deep love for one another
-our team leaders Grace Yoo and Peter Kim
-outpouring of love and hope for the children at the Jasper Kids center and Agape home (children with HIV/AIDS who have been abandoned by their parents)
-for effectiveness and a spirit of creativity and wisdom as we lead VBS activities, skits, and teach English
-protection over our health. supernatural energy (we will be waking up at 5am every morning)
-those who will be preaching (P.Josh Kim or Alex D.) to speak with the power of the Holy Spirit
-many teams have gone to Thailand before. pray that we will reap the seeds that they have sown and that we may sow seeds for future teams.
- we would see the power of prayer. that we would see signs, miracles, and wonders
-we would have an increased faith and believe in the power of the name of Jesus Christ
-overall for the light that comes through Jesus Christ to penetrate and transform the land of Thailand

As I am in Korea from January 15th- January 22nd. please pray that
-I would have divine appointments and encounters
-God will speak through me to refresh my friends and family members there
-God would anoint me with His Spirit as I go on prayer walks
-that I would be reminded of everything God has taught me in Korea and that we would have increased intimacy
-that a possible GLDI Korea reunion would go smoothly
-my time there would be filled with joy!


I hope that we all would be blessed and transformed by the events that will unfold on this trip. that we would all taste and see that God is good and all-powerful. that we will begin the new year with a new perspective, a new hunger. Joy would come in the morning. A great light would fill our hearts and empower us to change the world around us.

THAILAND! IT'S ABOUT TO GO DOWN.





Comments