Grateful.

I'm in a McDonalds parking lot
Sitting in my car
And I'm grateful
Grateful to you LORD
That I'm here
In this very place
You brought me not to harm me
But for me to prosper
And prosper I did
Though at times it came with tears
You brought me out of times of darkness
And into joy
But in the valley you were with me
And still now you are
Tomorrow I may find that I may have to go to a new place
Though my heart troubled at times
I am grateful
That I get to be troubled about this
I get to be in this process
And the end is near
So no matter what happens
I am grateful
That you are here with me
And have been all along
Grateful that you care for me
Grateful that you will not let me drown
Grateful that you will finish the good work you began in me
Grateful for your mercy, your grace, your love.

Comments