Joy is Evidence of a Grateful Heart

I always wanted to be a grandma because I feel like grandmas are so cute and can get away with anything. Plus they seem to have very simple and peaceful lives, not having to worry about working, school, getting married, dealing with kids, the future.

However, after getting the stomach flu this year I realized that whoa...one thing that grandmas do have to worry about is their health. while I was sick, I felt so weak and it was hard for me to even walk around.
It opened my eyes to see what a blessing it is to be healthy and young. After I recovered, I had this incredible joy in me because I was thankful for even small things that I took for granted such as my health.

For one of my classes I had to write a short play based on the story Dr. Heidegger's Experiment
I basically wrote it the night before it was due hehee ^_^" just spitting the ideas and words in my head on the page. I really didn't expect to get a good grade because the writing wasn't well thought-out or "literary" in any sense. but today I got my paper back and as my professor handed it to me she told me that she very rarely gives out A+ (she's the very deep/artsy/English literature type, so I don't think she believes in giving A+'s) but she gave my paper an A+

Basically for the play I wrote about being grateful with your present circumstances instead of wishing for a better life in the future.

The title: "Joy is Evidence of a Grateful Heart"




Comments